Sunday, March 12, 2017

Once Upon A Time Season 6 Episode 12 Review

Tonight's episode was a lot better than last week's and that's probably largely due to the fact that I love Charming episodes with a side of Charming and Hook bromance so I was pumped for it. I was not disappointed.

So let's start with the hunt for Charming's dad's killer. Tbh who else knew that it would end up leading back to Hook somehow especially with the whole proposal thing and wanting Charming's blessing. I really did feel for Hook but tbh Snow and Regina are BFFs now and Regina murdered so many people that Snow loved so Hook should be fine if he apologizes and is sorry for it which he is. Everyone in the Enchanted Forest lived such incestous lives. Everyone knew each other and it will not make me snicker how the villains remember every face of every person they murdered in the past which is especially insane for Rumple and Hook who have lived for 200+ years.

Anyway the hunt for the killer was fun and my favorite scene all episode has to be the one where Hook and Charming are making a potion and they have no idea what the directions mean and I related so hard to that whole thing. Me anytime I'm doing homework tbh. I did like seeing George again and baby David/James was adorable. I don't know if they really should have shown the scene where Rumple took James cause it really makes Charming's parents look like horrible people and what really throws me about this show is how one good deed or the attempt of one good deed can replace a really bad deed or a multitude of bad deeds. Charming's father tried to get James back and because of that his drunkness and abandonment of James is totally fine.

Hook and Emma are still adorable and I can't wait until they're engaged which btw felt like it came out of the blue but once explained made a bit more sense. I loved Archie's reaction to the ring and Charming's slow approval to taunt Hook a bit was everything. I love them.

Robin and Regina however hit some bumpy waters. What even is the point of bringing back Robin if he's not going to be with Regina. Don't get me wrong, I freaking love Sean but it makes no sense to destroy his death scene if when he comes back he's a different person. Do we really think he's a bad guy or do we think it's the Black Fairy or someone else in disguise? We did get the reappearance of Zelena for like a second but it was nice to see her regardless.

Speaking of the Black Fairy, no present day Rumple, Belle or Gideon... Are we to assume they're on an uncomfortable picnic in which Gideon is making snarky comments to his father and sending loving gazes to his mother the whole time? That's my headcanon.

Next week looks like the return of angsty Gideon judging his father and Hook wrestling with his realization that he killed Charming's father. Can we take a quick pause next episode and get an explanation on why Gideon can't just ask Emma for her help to save the land where the Black Fairy rules? The Savior power can't just be passed from person to person!

Anyway, there's no Supergirl airing tomorrow so tune into my Flash review on Tuesday!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment