Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Arrow Season 5 Episode 18 Review

Another amazing episode from Arrow tonight! Normally I like the lighter stories from my shows but this super dark turn Arrow has taken recently is seriously working for.

Something about this whole thing with Oliver is really tugging on my heartstrings. I was so emotional after last week's episode and surprisingly I was one of the only ones based on the feedback I saw across the board and it was no different this week. I think I'll always have a special place in my heart for Arrow and Oliver Queen because this was the first dctv show on air and it was what made me love the Arrowverse so seeing my poor baby Oliver hurting hurts me. There is so much history in the show that we can call upon at any time to make us tear up and it's amazing.

Oliver's sad quiet voice that he was using all episode perfectly summed up his emotional state and again props to Stephen Amell for killing it in the acting department. I loved that John refused to let Oliver wallow and constantly reminded him that they were brothers and that nothing Oliver could do would push him away. Everything about this was perfect. Again this wouldn't mean as much if we didn't have 4 and a half seasons of history to call back on. I also was glad that Oliver finally broke it off with Susan because it was a matter of time but I wonder at that weird look on her face when she left. Do we think she might try to reveal the truth or do something bad?

The break in Oliver and Anatoli's relationship was also heartbreaking when paralleled with how close they were in the flashbacks in Russia. I love Anatoli so I was pumped to see him back tonight but I am so glad that the show called out Anatoli on how cold he was acting recently. There was such a huge distinction between the Anatoli from the past and even from season 2 and the Anatoli we've met in current day that I was confused. I was relieved to find out that I wasn't just seeing things or that the writing was falling flat but in fact that there was a method to the madness. Of course Anatoli would get colder after running the Bratva alone and without friends. It's probably a constant struggle for power and Anatoli probably had to do such terrible things to keep the power. I wonder if this is leading to Anatoli becoming a villain possibly next season or if they'll reconcile at some point. Either one would be fine with me.

Felicity was such a badass tonight. She with the help of Curtis and that girl from Helix who I still don't trust were able to find video of Chase removing his Prometheus hood. I loved the scene where she and Curtis snuck into Kord Industries and she stabbed that security agent with a tranq I'm assuming. Oliver's proud look towards Felicity was amazing and it made me a little sad that Felicity wasn't working with John to help Oliver although I completely understand why. She helped him in her own way and they're still super awkward around each other after the breakup. Did you notice how he couldn't even look Felicity in the eyes after he got back from being tortured by Chase?

I am so so so so so glad that step 1 in nailing Chase has been achieved. I wanted to punch his face so hard when Chase came into Oliver's office whining about being in mourning for his wife and when he started to taunt Oliver. He knew he broke Oliver and he was rubbing it in and oh I've never wanted someone dead more in my life. His entire plan has been shot to shit by Felicity and the world knows he's Prometheus and he's not the good guy he's pretending to be. That last season where he stabbed that agent with a pen over and over was insane and I'm pretty sure Chase is not mentally stable anymore. He says Oliver enjoys killing, I think Chase enjoys it a lot more.

Arrow is also off until the end of April which is so annoying. What am I going to do when my shows are all going off air??? Anyway, it looks like a Felicity-centric episode which yay and it looks like the team is finally going to pay attention to Helix and possibly get her out? Double yay! I can't wait to see what happens!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment