Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Agents of SHIELD Season 4 Episode 16 Review

OH MY GOD GUYS!!!! WHAT DID I WATCH???? IS LIFE EVEN REAL??? I'm sorry. Let me take a breath and stop freaking out. This was an incredible episode and I've never been more terrified for the characters. My heart would not stop pounding!

Unlike most dream worlds or alternate realities there's always a sense of this isn't real going on in that you know that even if characters die, it's not a big deal cause they're not real and they'll be fine in the real world but in this Framework, it was amazing cause I'm pretty sure if you die here you die in real life. The stakes were so high and I loved it. I was yelling at my screen every time Jemma came up cause she wouldn't play along with what was happening like Daisy. I was terrified she would die cause we know this show has no problem with letting characters go. I love the idea that one change in May caused the whole world to implode! At first I was really confused about how changing one regret would change everything but after watching the episode, it made all the sense in the world. I loved that Hydra was in charge and all of our heroes were different! It's a fun way to play what if and I can't wait to see more cause I expected them to only be in this world for an episode but the idea that they have to fight AIDA in the framework is literally one of the coolest ideas ever. I assume we're going to be trying to get the team to remember one-by-one and then killing AIDA?

Daisy was going by Skye in this world and she's dating Ward who I called was not Hydra as soon as he said there were things about him that Skye wouldn't like. It was a callback to season 1 and I figured in that world Skye was SHIELD and hated Hydra so Ward was Hydra and in this one Skye was Hydra and hated SHIELD so Ward must be something else. It was hilarious that of all the characters in the show, Ward the one who actually was bad in the real world was good in this one. At least that's what we know. Either way I am so damn happy that Brett Dalton was back.

My baby Fitz was super evil and it was awesome. I mean yeah he's horrible and whatever but like every time he was on screen I was like yes be evil, be badass. I love that he's basically number 2 in Hydra and that he became this way cause he lost Jemma. It also seems that in this world his horrible father stayed around which probably added to it. Also I was actually seriously surprised when AIDA turned around and ended up being the director of Hydra although I'm not sure why I didn't just expect it! I knew AIDA had a soft spot for Fitz so it's kind of hilarious that she programmed him to be her boyfriend. I predict that Fitz is going to see Jemma and just straight up melt cause AIDA hid her picture from Fitz so she has to be worried that Jemma will return Fitz to normal.

We didn't get much of May's character tonight other than the fact that she's basically an evil robot who does everything Hydra says without care for other people's feelings. Coulson on the other hand was a teacher but on the payroll for Hydra who lectured about why Hydra was good and inhumans were bad. He seemed to have remembered who Daisy was at the end which I'm so glad for cause I want the whole team to fight together again! I also hope he gets to meet Framework Ward.

We didn't get any YoYo or Mack in this world so I'm assuming they'll be part of the Resistance? I assume we're going to be going there at some point cause Daisy and Jemma can't fight all of Hydra alone and the Resistance won't mean much to us the audience unless we see some familiar faces. It's also wishful thinking but I kind of hope Lincoln or Bobbi or Hunter are there too. I know Framework Lincoln is dead but he might have just faked his death! What? A girl can dream.

I'm so epically excited for this last part of the season and I know you can tell! Next week is the return of Mace and Radcliffe and Mack. I'm kind of embarrassed to say but I totally forgot about Mace and Radcliffe tbh so of course they're leading the Resistance. Disregard basically everything I said about the Resistance part of my review lol. I can't wait to see what we get!!!

No Arrow tomorrow so I'll see you all Sunday for my Once Upon a Time review!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment