Sunday, April 2, 2017

Once Upon a Time Season 6 Episode 15 Review

Guys I am so annoyed with this episode doubly so cause I was so excited to see Aladdin and Jasmine back and this episode may have ruined a lot of the good parts with the terribly written. For the love of everything can Adam and Eddy and the writers of OUAT not be able to follow their own mythology? If I can remember stuff from the past, why can't they?

So let's start with what I liked. Aladdin and Jasmine were finally back and we got Jafar too which was a plus. My favorite part of the backstory section of this episode was seeing all the different moments from Aladdin the animated movie and seeing how they were rewritten for this episode! I really liked how Jafar stole the diamond ring of Agrabah (remember in the movie he used it to find the diamond in the rough aka Aladdin?) by tricking Jasmine and how we saw that Prince that tried to marry Jasmine but was turned down for being more interested in being Sultan than Jasmine. I loved how Jafar shrunk Agrabah into the ring and how he was so evil to Ariel! Speaking of, that was the one part of this that I didn't care for. It was really weird that she just appeared in Agrabah especially since she had no purpose for the plot and if the show did that just so she could pop up in the future and be known to the others, that makes no sense because Hook already knew her so why would it matter if Jasmine knew her? Also remember how I mentioned continuity problems? Why did she have a magical necklace tonight when before it was a magical bracelet?

The present day storyline with Aladdin and Jasmine was fun too. I loved how awkward they were about each other and how both of them went to Hook for advice and I died of laughter when Aladdin tried to pry Jasmine's feelings out of Hook. I'm also thrilled that Jafar is back in present day although if none of them put him in the genie lamp, who did? Also how did he break the genie curse so quickly? The only way to do that is to be wished free. I really hope we get to see him be a big bad again but we already have so many random characters that I have a feeling he'll stay as the staff. I did love that Jasmine was the one to defeat him by tricking him but I kind of wish Aladdin had done that. Aladdin is one of my favorite characters but OUAT has done him such a disservice. They keep telling us that Aladdin is a hero but he's only been a coward or doing nothing onscreen and all I want is to see him be a hero!! But everything was almost smoothed over for me by the TLK that Aladdin and Jasmine shared. Both the genie curse and the Agrabah curse were broken by it. They have so much chemistry and I hope now that it looks like Killian is stuck in Agrabah, we'll see Aladdin and Jasmine helping him so they won't be done.

Killian was a dick this episode. There's no way around it. Like I get that he was worried about Emma but hardcore he had a meltdown on everyone who talked to him. Nemo, Liam, Aladdin, Jasmine. It was super irritating. Also I don't understand why Ariel couldn't swim him back to Storybrooke cause we learned earlier that she can travel between realms. Or instead of that, if TLK could free Aladdin, why couldn't Jasmine use the last wish to send Killian back and then have Ariel rub the lamp so she's his new master (for a few seconds) and then kiss him to free him? Ugh. Terrible writing and plotholes for the win.

Speaking of terrible writing, what the actual hell was up with the way Emma and everyone acted in Storybrooke? Leroy may have seen Hook get on the Nautilus, but that doesn't explain why everyone just assumed that Killian abandoned Emma? This is the man who traveled across realms multiple times to save Emma and she literally went to the Underworld to get him back. He literally spent hundreds of years trying to get revenge on the death of his first love! They're True Love. Why would he leave without fighting? And on top of that, why would Emma think that Killian would be dumb enough to leave and not take any of his stuff? She knows he loves his ship and his rum bottle. Why would he leave them? Okay say I'll go with this and believe that Emma has been so hurt by people abandoning her that she jumped to a bad place, WHY THE ACTUAL HELL WAS EVERYONE ELSE SO CHILL ABOUT KILLIAN LEAVING? Everyone knows how much Killian loves Emma and they were all nah let's give up. No need to fight for true love. Let's all move on immediately. And Henry was all mom's sad? Who cares, let me just play video games! WHO WROTE THIS TERRIBLE EPISODE???

Oh and don't even get me started on that terrible Gideon/Aeshop thing that happened at the end. WHY DO WE KEEP GIVING EMMA RANDOM NEW SAVIOR POWERS???? Since when are her tears magical like Rapunzel's? How will having her tears stop Killian from portaling to Storybrooke? AND WHY IS GIDEON SUCH A MORON? Now his big evil plan is to blackmail Emma into helping him? What happened to trying to kill her to steal her powers? And if he really wanted her help, WHY NOT JUST ASK HER? She's friends with his mother and she's the Savior, it's literally her job to save people! Ugh.

Next week looks like it's full of more questions and writing plot holes. Yippee. Emma is helping Gideon and Hook is somehow in Neverland with Blackbeard so no more Aladdin and Jasmine I suppose. I'm so glad that we were able to truly play around with their storyline and really dig into Aladdin being a Savior before Emma. Can you imagine if all we got was a random few scenes with them that didn't mean much? I'm being sarcastic in case that wasn't coming through. I heard rumors that this may be the last season for OUAT and I kind of hope that's true cause everything we're getting is nonsense and I'd like to end this show before I end up hating it. I was so upset that we didn't get Aladdin and Jasmine for so long and now I'm wondering if it would have been better if we never got them at all cause the show cannot do justice to it's characters.

I'm sorry this review was so negative. It's just how I feel.....

All the DCTV shows except Legends are off air this week so the only reviews I will be posting this week are for the Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Finale and Agents of SHIELD which is finally back! Do keep an eye out!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment