Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Arrow Season 5 Episode 19 Review

Oh my gosh guys! Arrow is killing it this back end of the season! It's definitely the best DCTV show on the CW right now and it's giving me life cause as you know, I fell in love with Arrow first and it's always got a special place in my heart. Not only is Prometheus the scariest villain but we've got such a rich history to play with! Let's jump in!

So first up, did you all notice there wasn't any flashbacks? I totally didn't until the end of the episode and I was like huh I did not miss them. The show does not miss anything without them, in fact it's better cause one of the struggles I had early on was that there were way too many new characters and not enough time to flesh them out so now that we have more time, we can focus on more characters like the C story with Rene and his daughter.

Speaking of, it was precious. I loved seeing Rene and his daughter see each for the first time in a while and it was heartbreaking that all his daughter wanted was to go home with him but she can't cause he doesn't have the right to be with her. I'm sure this problem will be solved in the end but it might lead to Rene leaving the team cause between his day job as assistant to the deputy mayor and his night job as Wild Dog, he might not have enough time for his daughter. I did love that Lance was the one to push Rene into seeing his daughter cause he knows. He's lost 3 daughters even though he only has 2. Also while we're on the subject, why is the show pretending like Laurel is his only daughter? He has a picture of Laurel and he talks about Laurel but never Sara. Like I know Sara's alive but still.

The B story was with Lyla and Diggle and again, this breaks my heart. I love these two together and I really really really hope that they'll be okay in the end cause I don't want them to break up. I understand where Lyla is coming from and I understand why Diggle's so upset about it and it's so true to their characters that I can't even complain. Of all the relationships across the DCTV, Lyla and Diggle are one of the best written and most believable and that's what makes me love them so. I hope Diggle comes around to Lyla's thinking cause I do think their world has gotten a lot worse since Arrow first started and they need a badass Lyla to run Argus.

Curtis and Dinah were around and had fun but they weren't majorly focused on this week which was fine with me. Curtis's jokes keep getting worse and of all the characters that should be leaving next season, it should be him. Dinah had a great line about not touching a woman without her permission and I cheered.

So now to the nitty gritty! This was a Felicity centric episode and one of the reasons that I think I loved it so much. Felicity is one of my favorite characters and I do adore Original Team Arrow so any time they have the focus, I'm a happy clam. I loved everything Felicity said this week and it was all true in my opinion. If Oliver or Diggle did any of this, it would have been a normal day but because it was Felicity, everyone was freaking out. I mean do we remember Oliver Season 3 with Ra's Al Ghul or even earlier this season when he worked with the Bratva? I am glad though that Felicity was frozen out of HELIX tonight which surprised me cause I really expected HELIX to be a bigger deal than it was or for them to be evil. Did anyone else notice that the guy they were trying to save from Argus was never unmasked? I don't think we're done with this....

There were so many excellent Olicity moments tonight and I loved every minute. My favorite Olicity moments are the small ones where you can see how much these two really care for each other and how they're best friends before anything else. I loved how Felicity told Oliver that she was trying to take some of the burden off of his soul and I loved the talk between Diggle and Oliver about Felicity loving him. The cliffhanger was super intense and it makes me smile that despite everything, Oliver still waited around the bunker for Felicity to return and despite everything, he still tried to protect her from the blast.

Next week is going to kill me and I may not be alive for the review. Oliver and Felicity stuck in the bunker by themselves? Felicity's spinal implant going out? Oliver passing out/getting really hurt so Felicity crawls to him in fear? SIGN ME THE HELL UP! I wonder if Chase really will be down in the bunker with them or if that EMP was from HELIX.... Either way, I'm going to be dead. I hope we get a long talk between them after which they will have aired out all their problems from last season and hopefully be back together cause Felicity is to Oliver like Iris is to Barry and you cannot convince me otherwise.

I'll see you all again on Monday for my Supergirl review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment