Monday, May 1, 2017

Supergirl Season 2 Episode 19 Review

These last two episodes have been so much fun cause they don't follow the normal script for a Supergirl episode! Where last week took an investigative angle, this week took more of a hostage situation where Alex and Maggie were at the forefront rather than Kara which is fun sometimes cause the show isn't just about Kara but about the other people in her life.

So let's start with Alex and how completely badass she was tonight. All those tricks with reactivating her tracker and then using her pants as a flotation device and then to give her one last breath of air when the tank filled with water were just so amazing and I just love Alex so much! Chyler was killing it with the acting too! The scenes with Alex and Maggie were super emotional too. I almost starting crying myself when Alex was trying to say goodbye just in case to Maggie and Maggie didn't want to hear it cause she wants to experience all those firsts with Alex. If you didn't tear up, how are you so heartless???

I really enjoyed the stuff we got with Kara and Maggie this week cause even though I love Kara, one of my biggest pet peeves with her is that she always thinks she's right and at times doesn't listen to anyone else. I loved that Maggie was bitter about Kara stopping those two criminals at the start of the episode and explained how Kara only cares about stopping the criminals and not about what happens to them afterwards. Even though the city has never looked at Supergirl like Star City has looked at the Green Arrow (or the Arrow or the Hood, pick whichever you want), Supergirl is still a vigilante working outside the law so I was glad they threw in a pinch of realism. I kind of do agree with Maggie about how Kara should leave the normal criminals to the police or at least ask them if they need help because again just catching criminals isn't enough or they'll just go back on the streets. I also really liked that someone finally called out Kara's leap before you look attitude which seriously cannot work every time. Barry has the same problem and it seems Oliver is the only DCTV hero who really comes up with a plan before heading out and that's probably only cause Kara and Barry think their powers make them invincible even though that's not true.

The stuff with Lena and Rhea was fun even up to the very end when I was rolling my eyes at the screen. I did love how manipulative Rhea was and how even when she got caught as an alien, she knew based on what Lena told her that if she only said that Lena wasn't like her mother that Lena would jump to trust her just to prove it. I wonder if this portal will be like the Boom Tubes in Young Justice.... That would be super fun. I assume this portal will be built and then Rhea will bring a bunch of Daxamites and an army to take over the Earth? Or perhaps her main goal is to kill Kara? Although if Rhea's ultimate goal is the second option, wouldn't working with Lillian be more productive?

Next week looks we'll finally see Rhea's plan go into action and she's somehow going to be controlling children? So maybe I misheard and the thing she's building with Lena isn't a portal? Or maybe this is a distraction while the portal is being built. Either way, it should be fun. Also where is Cadmus? I would kind of love if they weren't defeated this season and became a bit of an ongoing problem for Kara throughout the run of Supergirl but I feel like they should appear at least once in the finale or something to remind us that they're still around. Only three episodes left until the end of season 2!

Don't forget to tune in for my Flash and Agents of SHIELD review next week!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment