Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The Flash Season 3 Episode 20 Review

I only have one thing to say about this episode and that's a resounding no which is unfortunate cause I loved everything we got until the final reveal.

I cannot tell you how much I love Killer Frost. I love the way she dresses and how snarky she is and how the show CGI's her powers! That tracking shot of her making an ice bridge through the city was amazing! I still don't really understand why she is evil automatically and why, especially after the big reveal at the end, she can't be Frost and still work with the team or at least not hate them kind of like Felicity on Arrow last week where she'll stop them if she has to but she doesn't really want to hurt them. Turning into Killer Frost shouldn't completely change her emotions towards people. It should only exacerbate negative emotions she has like being bitter at Barry for causing Flashpoint so she got her powers! And it especially doesn't make sense now that we know who Savitar is cause she just traded one Barry for another! And also what makes her want to be an underling when she could just run around having fun or something? Does she even have a goal? Like what does Killer Frost want? World domination? Killing Team Flash? Robbing banks? We need more info here!

Cisco's hesitation to hurt Killer Frost this week was perfect and I cannot explain to you how much I truly love Cisco and Caitlin's friendship and I love how the show never tried to make or hint at anything romantic between the two of them cause tv and movies always seem to have a problem with showing a guy and a girl just being friends. What I didn't like about this storyline was how Julian kept badgering Cisco about why he wouldn't attack Caitlin. Was it not obvious? Of course he was afraid to really hurt Caitlin. I assume now that they have Killer Frost's blood, Julian will be able to make a cure for Caitlin which I'm glad about but also I kind of wish they could figure out a way for Caitlin to keep her powers but turn her back to being good. Honestly I really wouldn't mind Caitlin staying Killer Frost but I have a feeling if they do, Caitlin will no longer be a main character on the Flash and that's what I don't want so I'd rather they cure her and keep her around. The writing on the Flash isn't really good so I'm a little afraid to see what happens.

Joe and Cecile had some relationship drama that honestly I didn't care for. I'm fine with Joe finding some happiness but there are so many other things I'm more interested in that are going on in the show. I'm glad he finally told Cecile the truth and I'm also glad we didn't have to deal with another how could you lie to me when you said you loved me thing so silver lining! I also did like the irony with Joe breaking up with Cecile cause he didn't want her involved with the Flash/Savitar/Killer Frost stuff and then as soon as he does, Killer Frost kidnaps Cecile. Speaking of, hasn't Cecile met Caitlin before? Everyone in the warehouse was calling Killer Frost Caitlin and none of the bystanders batted an eye.

And now for the big reveal which was way overdue and way underwhelming. Savitar is really a version of Barry Allen from the future which is so lame and makes no sense. I understand that Barry could go crazy without Iris in the future but then why go back and kill her himself? Ugh. I always said Barry had no control of his emotions, now we know for sure. I hope this is a Barry from another Earth cause that would be more plausible! Barry from 8 years in the future didn't seem completely there but he was getting it together when Barry left so why would he snap again?

Next week looks like a funny episode which is super weird cause we should be speeding towards the finale not playing around in filler episodes. I really hope the promo is just silly to hide the real plot so it can throw us off.

Don't forget to tune into my Agents of SHIELD review later tonight and my Arrow review tomorrow night!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment