Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Agents of SHIELD Season 4 Episode 20 Review

Guys this episode did things to my anxiety. My heart was pounding for like the last half hour of this show. Like I knew the whole time that everything would work out in the end cause our main cast can't all die but that didn't stop me from fearing for them anyway!

So first of all, I'm really glad we're out of the Framework now cause as much fun as it was revisiting old characters and seeing new dynamics between our characters, I'm glad we're going back because I was really missing our normal characters especially our Fitz! I'm curious as to whether or not they'll actually turn off the Framework cause now that there's actually real people still in there, it would kind inhumane to shut it down... But at the same time, the Framework was a terrible horrible place and if they leave it on, some other villain will definitely take advantage of it again.

Now let's do characters. First of all, Mack decided to stay back and that's kinda crazy. I knew that he would be the hardest to get back because of Hope but I would have thought that the team would have forced him across cause even though he doesn't want it to be, this world is nothing more than a simulation and ultimately Hope isn't real! Poor YoYo was heartbroken waiting around for Mack and he threw everything they had away to stay in a fake world.... I assume that despite this, somehow AIDA or one of the other team members will disconnect him from the real world cause honestly if he has a human body, it seems kind of morally questionable to leave him in the Framework.

I really feel for YoYo and the rest of the team on the plane with Daisy and Jemma. It's been 10 days and they had to cut back on all power to keep the machine going and it must have truly sucked for everyone! I didn't even think about how they would have to touch down for fuel at some point. I guess that's how the Superior found them once the cloaking went away cause I was wondering last week how he knew where their plane was...

I kind of like the idea of everyone remembering what happened to them in the Framework once they return to the real world but I wonder how much of what they felt in the Framework they feel now. Like Fitz was horrified with what he did when he got out but does he still have feelings for AIDA/Ophelia cause I will be majorly pissed if he does! Fitz and Jemma are soulmates and no one else can hold a candle to them so there's no way in hell that Fitz and Jemma wouldn't pick each other over everyone else. I loved their emotional scene in the mill when Jemma was pleading with Fitz to believe her when she said that she loved him and Fitz being all angry that Jemma killed his father! I also loved that Jemma knew immediately when May mentioned Fitz's father exactly what changed Fitz this much. Also when Fitz came out and was panicking over how terrible he was and Coulson was trying to comfort him, I almost teared up. I need everyone to tell Fitz that they don't blame him for what happened cause the people they were in the Framework isn't who they are in the real world!

Even though Coulson chopped AIDA's head off, he was too late cause AIDA's mind was transferred to a human body which although I get why she did it, it seems like kind of terrible planning on AIDA's part cause now that she's human, it's much much easier to kill her. Continuing on this vein of terrible planning, if AIDA's main goal was to make a human body for herself, why even bother kidnapping SHIELD agents and making LMDs? Couldn't she just sequester herself off and build the body herself cause it seems to make too many enemies this way! Or did she need Fitz to do the science? Also can someone explain to me how she teleported? Is she like that inhuman Gordon now? Can the Darkhold make inhuman human bodies? On another note, please please for the love of all that's good, can it please be Fitz who kills her in the end??? I know he's always had a soft spot for AIDA but after everything, it needs to be him.

Speaking of, since AIDA got a human body, what do we have to do to get Radcliffe one too? Please and thank you! I love him too much to permanently lose him! His mind was corrupted by the Darkhold and he ultimately did good in the end so I'd love for him to get a second chance!

Next week is the penultimate episode and the last one before the finale. It looked like everyone will be trying to escape the oil rig and stopping the Superior as well as searching for AIDA and Fitz. I can't wait! Also according to the news, we will be getting Ghost Rider back at some point and I hope that's to get the Darkhold back! I also really really hope that we get a Season 5 cause I can't stop gushing about my love for this show and I neeeeeed it!!!

Don't forget to check out my Arrow review tomorrow night!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment