Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Agents of SHIELD Season 4 Episode 21 Review

This was such a crazy episode. Halfway through the episode I checked the time figuring that the episode was almost over but to my surprise and excitement, the episode was only half way over! There were parts that I was not really interested in but overall I loved tonight's episode!

There was so much going on tonight that I'm not even sure where to start.... AIDA was being creepy as always but with a fresh new take. Honestly I don't know how to feel about her!!! One minute I'm creeped out that she's trying to smother Fitz AGAIN to keep him from Jemma then I feel bad for her cause she's learning all these emotions and trying to be good and then I'm furious with her for trying to hurt my baby Fitz AGAIN and then sympathy like okay clearly she doesn't know how to deal with all these emotions all at once like a baby only for me to land in a weird place of I pity her? It's very strange. Also how freaking dare she take Lincoln's electric powers?? Can we take a moment and think about how wrong that feels? But like she also gave herself all the powers? No chill on this one.

Let's also take a moment to properly appreciate how good of an actress Mallory Jansen is. She has played four separate versions of the same character and not only killed it with each one but also made each one feel different!

Moment of silence for all the extremely hunky Superior bots that were killed tonight, especially for the one who AIDA ripped the shirt off and smashed his head in. Mmmmm. Other than the sexiness that is Zach McGowan, I dislike this character so much so you can guess how how happy I am that there are so many copies. Ugh.

It was great to see the May and Coulson back and forth dynamic again which I've been missing since the Ghost Rider arc actually cause LMD May didn't really act like May around Coulson and I remember being thrown with how strange she was acting so I glad to see our normal May again! I loved Coulson being super awkward around her cause he remembers starting a relationship with it and May will not be happy when she finds out! I loved her line about what happened and listing off hitting on him as one. I still don't know if I like them together but hopefully when they do get together (cause the writing is all there), it'll feel more organic than what we've gotten.

Oh YoYo, everyone warned you! I understand being upset but honestly, I don't know if I believe the amount of craziness that YoYo went through cause Mack and YoYo haven't been together long enough for it to feel believable especially since most of the progression happened off screen. I was wondering whether or not Mack would come back but after seeing YoYo go in, I'm sure she'll be able to get him out. Also did anyone else feel like for a second that Mack might actually die tonight? I definitely did. I don't know how I feel about YoYo in the Framework though cause although I'm kind of over it, I kind of also want to see Ward and Trip again but also I want the show to focus on the real world and stopping AIDA so we'll see what happens.

Fitz and Jemma were heartbreaking as usual this episode. I was never worried that Fitz would pick AIDA/Ophelia over Jemma but I was worried that Jemma might think that he was going to and do something crazy like not see him until the finale or leave. I loved the rabbling Fitz did in the chamber with AIDA about how she ruined his future with Jemma and how he was just like Ward (and it's very true tbh and I would love the show to explore this a bit more) and how Jemma would never be able to look at him again and Jemma breaking down in the hallway watching Fitz say that he only loves Jemma. I loved how distraught she was when she was asking Coulson and May whether this reality felt more real than the Framework and how YoYo was the one to point out that Jemma wasn't worried about the kind of person Fitz was in the Framework but whether he still loved her. The ending scene of Jemma wrapping her arms around Fitz who broke down broke my heart. I just want my science babies to be happy. All the awards to Iain.

And finally GHOST RIDER IS BACK!!! Robbie came back and everything's amazing cause I missed him! I'm so excited to see him team up with everyone and take down AIDA. I'm assuming that since AIDA can't be killed, he'll be the one to drag her down to hell or break whatever Darkhold magic that she's using. The season finale is next week and although I'm going to be sad that the season is over, I can't wait to see what we get! PLEASE LET THERE BE A SEASON 5! We're only one season off from syndication so ABC PLEASE!

Don't forget to tune into my Arrow review tomorrow night!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment