Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Arrow Season 5 Episode 22 Review

WHY IS ARROW SO GOOD THIS SEASON?? Guys what an epic episode! I was either on the edge of my seat or grinning from ear to ear the whole time! This is how you make a penultimate episode! I love how much this season seems to be calling back to previous seasons and how it's leading to a nice bow on top for these past five years and my love for this show is just oozing out of every pore. When Arrow is on, boy is it on!!

So as we all saw coming, Adrian getting captured was just a ploy to play with Oliver some more and I love how he kept telling Oliver that if Oliver let's him go, he'll get his loved ones back but when Oliver finally got to that point, Adrian was like sike no I'm not going to help you. I freaking love that he captured literally everyone and that he brought them all to Lian Yu to really stick it to Oliver. I love that Thea knew almost immediately where they were and that we finally saw Evelyn again. Honestly she's such a weird person cause her villain turn was so confusing and made no sense. I also really didn't need more Black Siren but since she's going to be a series regular next season, I guess we're never going to be rid of her.

Speaking of, I enjoyed the stuff with Lance and Black Siren cause clearly Black Siren still loves him so I'm assuming Lance is going to try to turn her to good again. To be honest though it makes no sense to me cause why did we go through all this stuff with Dinah if we're getting Earth 2 Laurel and Katie Cassidy back? I loved Thea trying to explain the multiverse to Lance who's such a straight-shooter and why he sobbed out that he got Laurel back like Sara, I almost cried myself. I kind of wish that Sara would have come back for the end of this season cause even though she's on Legends now, she's such a huge part of the Arrow world and it would have made sense for her to help the show go full circle again. Not only do I want to see her reaction to Earth 2 Laurel but I want her to see Slade and Nyssa again and help fight Talia!

The opening with Oliver's birthday party had me grinning the whole time cause I love moments when the team gets to relax and just play. Everyone (but mostly Curtis) shipping Oliver and Felicity together made me die of laughter and I loved the Arrow cake that Oliver got and how he could not take his eyes off of Felicity and how everyone else noticed. I loved that he flipped Curtis onto his back and that Curtis was so bent out of shape about it.

The return of Malcom and Nyssa were great especially since narratively, it made a ton of sense. Of course Malcom would care that Thea was captured and Nyssa that her sister Talia was around and doing shit. By the way, it never ceases to make me smile when Nyssa calls Oliver husband. I loved Malcom being like sorry about Damien Darkh and William cause I was emotional and how he had Oliver's back. This is post Season 2 of Legends of Tomorrow Malcom Merlyn so I wonder if we'll get any hints to anything from Legends. Despite this, nothing made me as happy as the return of Slade freaking Wilson!! Let's talk about how I screamed when I saw Manu Bennett in the ARGUS cell even though I knew he was coming back. I still want to know how he's being taken care of here on Lian Yu cause I never see any ARGUS agents. I cannot wait until next week to see him back in action!

Next week is the season finale of Arrow and it's a showdown of Oliver, Malcom, Nyssa, Slade and Team Arrow vs Adrian, Evelyn, Black Siren, Talia and her league and I CAN'T WAIT! It's going to be amazing. I wonder if Slade will end up turning on Oliver (and Black Siren on Adrian due to Quentin) cause he really does hate Oliver unlike Malcom who sees him as a frenemy.... Is it next week yet??

I'll see you all next Monday for my Supergirl Season 2 finale review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment