Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Flash Season 3 Episode 22 Review

Tonight's episode of the Flash was a strange one cause it felt so slow in certain parts and so interesting in other parts and that's pretty indicative of this season of Flash. It was a good episode but it didn't really get amazing until the ending!

I loved seeing Leonard Snart again especially since it was our Leonard from Season 1 of Legends of Tomorrow. I loved him teaming up with Barry and being able to break into ARGUS very easily and coming up with a smart plan on how to stop King Shark through science! I miss him so much and I wish he could come back to present day cause I love this Leonard. I also loved when Leonard told Barry to defeat Savitar through the goodness of his heart and I literally squealed when Leonard said that there's no strings on me.

King Shark was also really fun to see and I loved that anxiety we felt with the Jaws smoke thing. Also the fourth wall breaking part with Leonard talking about how they didn't have the budget to show the shark. The part where his fin was chopped off made me gasp though and the regrowth of the fin was seriously pretty cool. I also loved seeing Lyla who I never tire of but the ending where she gave Barry the power source cause she was impressed with him not giving up on Leonard was a bit out of character but needed for the plot to go on so I'll let it slide.

Iris was sent to Earth 2 with Wally and Joe and we got a really touching scene with Joe that made me tear up. I also loved that HR was the one to goof up and tell Savitar where Iris was which led to Savitar crippling Wally which explained why he wasn't there to save Iris. I 100% don't believe that Iris is dead for good cause I doubt the show will led her die. I expect Barry to go back in time or this Iris to be a clone or a fake or something and I won't believe that she's really gone until the end of the finale! That doesn't stop me from applauding the editing of her "death" and how it went from Barry running to Iris saying her vows. It was amazing.

The speed bazuka not working on Savitar made perfect sense too cause honestly the team should have known that the same method wouldn't work twice! Speaking of, I have a couple of problems with how time travel is shown in this world. How could Barry create new memories if Savitar was the future him cause Savitar should know everything Barry is doing before Barry does it. In turn, now that Barry knows that Savitar is a time remnant, even if Savitar kills Iris, why would Barry make time remnants at all? If that's true then Savitar shouldn't exist. The show is terrible at keeping it's time travel rules straight.

Next week is the finale and I'm sure that they'll figure out a way to stop Savitar and I'm thinking that Killer Frost will join them but Caitlin will not be back yet. Speaking of, where was Julian tonight? I also don't think that Iris is dead and that she'll return. Who's excited???

Don't forget to check out of my Agents of SHIELD finale review later tonight!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment