Monday, May 15, 2017

Supergirl Season 2 Episode 21 Review

Supergirl knows how to do finales doesn't it?? So many returning characters and so much female power in one hour! What an amazing part 1 of the finale!

So first of all, Rhea is the worst. She threatened Lena and Mon El into getting married, stole their DNA to make a child, overran National City with Daxamite soldiers and refused to even acknowledge any one else's opinions including the president, Cat Grant and her own son. She's so tunnel vision that no one can interfere. I know the Daxamites are the villains right now but really they're just following what Rhea wants so I can't blame them. I'm still hoping that once Rhea is gone that Mon El will be King and lead them towards peace instead. Speaking of, why isn't Mon El King already? His father is dead, he's of age and Rhea has been calling herself regent so why is Mon El still the prince to whom the soldiers don't listen to? I loved him and Lena teaming up and fangirling over why Kara loved both of them although I wished we had gotten more of them like making a plan or something.

Cat Grant was back and I loved every moment. I seriously missed her and her pep talks which was a surprise cause I got kind of bored of them during season 1 and I think that's just cause pep talks every week get annoying (look at The Flash) so maybe Cat should be a recurring role in the future which should work for Calista's schedule! I loved her walking into a talk between Rhea and the President and telling them that they were better than men and should be able to talk about peace and then convince Kara that saving Mon El and Lena was human not selfish but obviously her best one was the rousing speech to the people of National City. Honestly I love her speeches so much that it was all perfect! Also her knowing who James was almost immediately was hilarious.

We finally found out what kind of alien the President was and how her planet was destroyed cause they were pacifists so she refuses to make the same mistake again. I also loved how her big plan was to use the plasma cannon to zap the Daxamite head ship into nothing cause it was really good and her only flaw was in Alex's hesitation and discounting Rhea's multiple back up plans.

Kara teaming up with Lillian was amazing and I loved how she had a back up plan in place for when Lillian turned on her which she did. My only problem with all this is how many times Kara needs to be naive and hope that her villains will see the light. She tried talking down Rhea before and all that accomplished was the kidnapping of Mon El and when Cat tried it, Air Force One was shot down. How is now going to change anything? It does make sense though cause of who Kara is at her core so I can't begrudge her too much. I also don't know how much I liked Mon El leaving Kara to fend for herself cause I know it's Kara's show but backup is always a good thing. For a storyline involving Mon El and his family and his people, he's sidelined a lot similarly to Iris on the Flash.

Also can we take a moment to acknowledge how terrified I was when the Phantom Zone projector was mentioned? In the comics, Mon El was sent to the Phantom Zone for years until he was released in the 30th century and joins the Legion of Superheroes. I keep feeling like the show is going to get rid of him by the end of this season so I almost had a heart attack again when Mon El used the projector by himself at the end cause what if it accidently sent him to the Phantom Zone?? Luckily that didn't happen but I will be anxious until the finale is over.

I loved the return of Superman and how he was under the control of Lillian. Honestly show, Superman is so easily controlled. First through Myriad and now this. What kind of weapon controls Kryptonians? Either way I'm thrilled he's back and that there was a good reason that he wasn't fighting the Daxamites with Supergirl!

Next week is the finale and it looks amazing. Kara will be fighting Clark and also Rhea one-on-one in what looks to be a winner take all kind of fight where Rhea will probably have to back off if Kara wins. Do we think Rhea will be killed at the end? She has to right? Or else she'd keep coming back and trying to take over although I could see that cause Lillian is a recurring villain... I can't wait!

Don't forget to check out my Flash review and my Agents of SHIELD finale review tomorrow night!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment