Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The Flash Season 3 Episode 19 Review

Okay so I really wanted to like this episode but I had so many problems with the premise of the episode and it's one of my biggest struggles with this show this season. The ideas are fun on paper but in reality, they make so little sense!

Okay so Iris is killed by Savitar and because of that everything and everyone has a meltdown? I get that Iris is the love of Barry's life but seriously he could not do anything but fall apart? I feel like part of the reason I don't like Barry as much as I should is that I feel like Barry is way too dramatic and honestly he needs to learn how to either manage his emotions. Like Oliver has lost just as many people as Barry, maybe even more, and he's never had epic meltdowns like Barry does. Barry's dad dies, Flashpoint. Iris dies, the world implodes. Jeez. Barry literally focuses all his energy into stopping Savitar which I get and then he becomes a hermit. Unfortunately he never found out who Savitar was which is lame and kinda defeats the whole purpose of our Barry traveling to the future.

I did like seeing where everyone ended up but it was also super pointless cause obviously this future can't happen so we've basically been spoiled as to what's not going to happen. Caitlin never coming back and Killer Frost aligning with Savitar to destroy Cisco's hands? Nope. Wally becoming paralyzed? Jesus I hope not. And now after seeing Barry's epic meltdown after losing Iris, there's no way the show can kill her off unless we want seasons upon seasons of broken Barry and broken Team Flash. Before this I was on the fence as to whether the show would go the route of Peter Parker and Gwen Stacey (sorry sorry I know that's Marvel and we're in DC world but the parallels work!) but now I'm 100% sure she'll be fine. Although after a full episode with no Iris, I can see that it would have been a terrible idea to kill Iris off cause I really missed her!!

Also Cisco's big thing about Barry being a terrible person for not staying in the future and helping was kind of weird cause the whole point of Barry coming was so he could stop this future from existing so helping people who won't exist again was weird. I always dislike when characters end up in these alternate realities or fake situations and get distracted. Like focus. I mean ultimately it worked out cause future Barry was able to give current Barry the name of someone who helped stop Savitar.

Poor future Wally guys! When that nurse opened the door and I knew exactly how we'd find Wally and it was just as terrible as I thought. My heart broke! I always need more of him but it's such the struggle cause he's a side character so he doesn't get enough air time for me to properly enjoy him. I did love how Barry has acknowledged that Wally is faster. Slay Wally slay!!

After seeing Caitlin's reaction to whoever came out of the Savitar suit, not only does it have to be someone we know but it has to be someone Caitlin trusts and cares about more than Barry and Cisco and Julian and the only person I can think of is Ronnie? It was still a weird reaction though cause why would Killer Frost not Caitlin react the way she did when the people who mattered the most to Caitlin couldn't stop her!! This whole dragging out Savitar thing is irritating as AF and I would like it to end cause as more time goes on, the reveal is just going to disappoint us. Either way, Cailtin/Killer Frost is one of the best things about this show so whatever she's up to I'm all for.

Next week looks like we're finally going to figure out who Savitar is and for the love of everything this better not be another fake-out. There's only like 3 or 4 episodes left for the season. I've over it. There's more Killer Frost though and I do love how the show is portraying her powers so I'm all for more screentime for her!

Don't forget to tune in later tonight for my Agents of SHIELD review and my Arrow review tomorrow night!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment