Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Agents of SHIELD Season 4 Episode 19 Review

Another pretty awesome episode of SHIELD aired tonight and let's jump right in!

The opening of the episode with May and Daisy trying to get out of the Triskelion was so badass and I almost forgot how much I missed Daisy with her Quake powers. The parallels between when Daisy first got her powers in season 2 and when she got her powers now were fun to see. I also loved the awkwardness between Daisy and Ward and the talk they had. You could just see Ward's heart break when Daisy first appeared in the base and he saw that it wasn't his Skye but Daisy who held the same beliefs as Jemma. I really loved their talk in the broadcast center cause it really does show us that people are their circumstances. In this world Ward was saved by Victoria Hand which made him good and in the real world it was Garrett who brainwashed him. Ward was never a true believer of Hydra in the real world, he just believed in Garrett who believed in Hydra.

I was looking forward to Jemma seeing Daisy but she was off with Trip on recon and although she figured out where the base was, the machine they're building is the real world and not the Framework. I did like that they mentioned the Darkhold again cause that's what makes this Framework so hard to break out of and without mentioning it, people may have forgotten why this simulation felt so real. It also helps tie in this arc to the previous ones. I loved Jemma figuring everything out and accidently word vomiting all over Trip only to have him believe her almost immediately. I miss him so much.

Guys I love Iain but I'm seriously starting to miss our Fitz and I loved him being evil and ruling Hydra but it's gone on a bit long and I'm starting to not enjoy his part of the Framework anymore. His father is such a piece of work though and it really makes me wonder if we'll see him in the real world cause I would love our Fitz to give him a piece of his mind. Fitz's father apparently somehow knows that this world isn't real though cause when he interrogated Radcliffe, he told him that and it makes me wonder if that's Fitz's father playing along or if he's been programmed to know the truth so that he could help AIDA control Fitz. I did love how AIDA explained that people are who they are at the core and that Fitz was a romantic and it's true. Fitz would do literally anything for the woman he loves and she was smart to pick him to be by her side in this world. He mentioned wanting to go with her which makes me wonder if she'll make him a real body and put this conscious in that body so they'll be two of Fitz or maybe they'll find a way to kill the real Fitz so the Framework conscious  can take his body. Either way, our Fitz cannot be killed or I will kill someone!!

Coulson is taking over the resistance now that Mace is gone and I loved seeing him be the boss again cause he thrives there. It still all feels a bit pointless cause we'll be leaving this world soon but it was still fun seeing the team try to fight Hydra again cause it's like we're going back to our roots. And seriously, every time this show does the thing with flashing the SHIELD badge and the SHIELD music swells, my heart pounds and I have to smile. But as much fun as all this is, now that Daisy is back and knows where the exit is that Radcliffe programmed, we have to be going there next week right? So we can leave right?

Did anyone else notice how when Framework Coulson was talking about the man who tried to get him into SHIELD that he didn't mention that the man was Fury? It really makes me wonder if this show has somehow got a gag order from the Marvel higher ups cause even though the Marvel TV and Marvel movies are supposed to be in the same universe, we didn't get any comments about the Avengers or Fury or other SHIELD agents even in this fake world.... I understand why the actors can't appear cause duh they're too busy filming and they're too expensive for the show but not even a mention? Why can't Maria Hill appear? Colbie isn't doing anything right now!

I also really liked that we got so much of the real world this week cause I feel like we're almost done in the Framework so it makes sense to ease us back into the real world where the real problems are. It was nice to see Zach Mcgowan back and looking as amazing as ever even though I dislike his character (and not in a fun way!) His LMD body apparently can't kill cause AIDA was programmed not to kill and it was hilarious cause he was so pissed about it. I hope we get to see YoYo next week trying to fight his men or something cause if they're targeting Daisy and Jemma's bodies in the real world, we have to spend some time outside of the Framework right?

Next week's promo was hard to understand what was happening but it looks like a bunch of fighting and that we'll be trying to get to Radcliffe's secret exit while Radcliffe is tortured by Fitz. I hope he stays firm cause our team needs all the help it can get!

Don't forget to check out my Arrow review tomorrow night!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment