Monday, October 22, 2018

Arrow Season 7 Episode 2 Review

The second episode of Arrow just aired and though it wasn't as strong as the premiere, I enjoyed myself through most of it!

Let's start with the most boring stuff which was ironically Oliver in prison. It's fun seeing the old villains again but I'm so over seeing that annoying little guy who follows Oliver around like a puppy. Like I get that Oliver needs someone to bounce off of but this guy is pretty much useless and does nothing but act like a whiny baby who cried that Oliver wouldn't protect him and on the one hand I get it cause Oliver's a hero but on the other, Oliver told him to back off and he didn't so was it any wonder that he got hurt? I also have a pretty solid feeling that he's sketchy af and definitely is going to be a longbow hunter or a Diaz plant or something so while Oliver is focused elsewhere, he'll be getting all the intel. I was surprised to find out that the guard that's been rude to Oliver was actually one of the only ones that follow the law which was super weird cause he really seemed to have it out for Oliver in particular. Like what was that crack about spoiled rich guys? Hasn't he been following the news? Oliver lost his company/fortune which sidebar but I wonder how Palmer Tech is even doing. I was surprised that Oliver didn't straight murder the guy because it would have been something flashback Oliver would do without a question but Green Arrow Oliver probs has a bit of a problem with it. I like the idea of him hunting down leads on Diaz while Felicity does it on the outside but I can't help but wonder how long they can give Oliver something to do in prison.

Speaking of Felicity, she was all singleminded about hunting down Diaz and though I understood why she was acting this way, I also understood why Diggle was doing what he was doing. I appreciated that she attempted to try to work the ARGUS way and that she left when she realized that she wasn't on the same page as Diggle and that she would be hindering them if she stayed cause it shows a lot of growth on Felicity's part. I also liked that she apologized to Diggle about yelling at him and he brought up the point that no matter what she does and if she does stop Diaz, that won't bring Oliver back though it will allow them to bring William back. I was honestly surprised that she ended up going to the FBI at the end though I should have seen that coming but for a second I did wonder if she was going to go find the new Green Arrow. Going the FBI makes much more sense though cause they were in charge of hunting down Diaz and even though Oliver made a deal, the FBI was really not living up to their part of the bargain and I can't wait to see where we go with this.

One thing that's super weird about this season is how because the FBI broke up Team Arrow, in normal seasons even with Oliver gone, the team would still be together and working but now they're all spread apart and I can't help but wonder how the status quo will go back to normal once Oliver is out. Like everyone except Rene seems pretty okay with where they're at and though I wouldn't mind the team being reduced to like Oliver, Felicity, Rene and Curtis while John runs ARGUS and Dinah runs the police, I can't see that happening in the long run cause this is a show about superheroes.

Speaking of, no sign of the new Green Arrow tonight but we did see Black Siren again which I really didn't need in my life. The cast is already bloated enough without her but I did like seeing her and Dinah reluctantly team up and apology from Black Siren to Dinah was heartbreaking but needed and I'm glad she did so.

The Longbow Hunters are pretty fun villains in my opinion and already leagues more interesting than Diaz. It drives me a little crazy that Diggle couldn't just shoot Diaz dead in the train cause blah blah morals blah blah killing is bad blah blah but seriously, it would have been in self defense and problem solved! I am curious about the Hunters cause they seem to have a lot of cool tech especially the one who can erase sound or whatever she was doing and I wonder if Diaz is only around so we can keep these hired mercenaries around cause once he's dead, they'd leave cause they have no stakes in Star City or our crew.

Over in the flash forwards, I was sad and weirded out with the idea that as William tells it, Oliver and Felicity left him and never came back which makes me wonder if they died though the way he was talking didn't sound like they did which again makes no sense cause in no world with either Oliver or Felicity abandon him forever cause they both had parent issues and wouldn't want the same. According to the EP of this show, these flash forwards are supposed to be 20 years in the future and I still don't entirely understand why they're necessary. For a second last week I thought it was a cool idea but now I can't help but think of the consequences of us seeing what happens in the future and though I'd like to believe the future can be changed, why bother showing us the future if it won't look like this anyway. I guess the only way I would like this is if the new Green Arrow is future William and these flash forwards are meant to show us how he became the Green Arrow.

The promo for next week shows only Oliver in prison and I wonder what that means for the rest of the cast cause either they're not in the promo cause they're doing something unimportant or it's the opposite and they're doing something that the show doesn't want to spoil in the promo. I have a feeling it's the former and this will be one of those Oliver-centric episodes though it does feel a bit early in the season for one of those...

I'll see you all later tonight for my Legends review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment