Tuesday, October 23, 2018

The Flash Season 5 Episode 3 Review

I really really enjoyed tonight's episode of the Flash and I feel like this season is off to an amazing start!

I was complaining last week about not needing a new Wells but honestly I pretty much fell in love with Sherloque immediately and now I don't ever want him to leave! I love his French accent and I died at the idea that he solved the mystery of Cicada across 36 earths and that because of that he's pretending to solve the case cause he already knows the outcome. His jokes about having six ex-wives was amazing and I love the team's reaction to his insanity. It does feel a little silly to me that Nora appearing would have sped up the timeline so much especially since she had nothing to do with Cicada or so we believe so far.

Sidebar it's hilarious to me that Team Flash paid him by selling Star Labs stocks and my question is how the company even has any stocks cause it's not like we've seen more than one Star Labs (unlike in the comics where Star Labs is the largest science company and has labs all across the country) and it's not like this one is making any products to sell for there to still be stocks! Then again it's probs not really important cause the show never really likes to show us that the Flash characters are real people outside of Team Flash. At least Supergirl and Arrow gives our characters real jobs outside of the teams to make money and give them something else to do during the day.

Speaking of other things to do, it seems we really are giving a whole other storyline to Caitlin this year that separates her and Ralph and sometimes Cisco from Team Flash and I both like and dislike this. I like it cause Team Flash is so overcrowded that pushing a few characters to do something else does allow us to actually see some of our characters actually doing more than standing around and looking surprised/sad/amazed. On the other hand, it feels kind of silly that Caitlin and Ralph wouldn't care about what's happening with the villain. I do hope that this storyline somehow branches back to the Cicada one cause it's the only way that would really make sense otherwise why give it so much importance when the main character of this show isn't Caitlin.

I definitely still think that her dad is a villain and I did wonder if maybe it was Cicada himself but the reveal at the end of the episode showed us who Cicada's child was and so that can't be. It was super creepy to find out that her dad is actually watching her and I'm curious about why now cause if he has been watching her from when she started at Star Labs years ago, wouldn't he have worried enough about her to come help when she was kidnapped by Zoom or dying as Killer Frost or something. I bet it was something to do with Ralph looking into the death certificate. Speaking of, I'm living for Caitlin and Ralph dynamic duo-ing this case and it makes so much sense cause he was feeling down about not being as cool of a detective as Sherloque so Caitlin reaching out was sweet. I also was dying when Sherloque kept calling him a baby giraffe. I'm not exactly getting romantic vibes from them but like with Caitlin and Cisco, I wouldn't be against it now that Ralph's not the worst™like last season.

I'm definitely want to know more about Cicada and his motivations. It seems like his daughter got injured in some sort of meta attack cause of his hatred for metas but at the same time it looks like Cicada himself is a meta (unlike what I thought last week) which makes him a bit of a hypocrite no? And if he is hunting and killing all metas, why not save the heroes for last? I mean it's like if you think they're all horrible, why not start with the criminals first? What kind of meta powers does he have? It looked like he was flying away at the end but also I'm wondering if he has some sort of super strength cause his punches don't seem to look like normal ones. Also Nora said something about how no one could stop him not Supergirl or the Legends or the League (Justice League Easter Egg!!!) or even Green Arrow and honestly maybe this line should have been kept out of this episode cause I know they were trying to be like wow he's so strong but seriously Supergirl is not a meta so her powers can't be blocked and in no world is he stronger than Green Arrow at fighting.

Anyway back to Nora who I'm still loving but just as I was getting a little tired of her always zipping around, I'm suddenly back on board cause of the final scene of the episode where Sherloque asked her why she chose the satellite to be the time she stepped in and whether she was working alone. We do have to remember her weird symbol writing in that book last season and I know everyone was wondering why she took so long to tell Team Flash who she was but I'm sure we all forgot about that after she claimed that she appeared cause she screwed up only for that to have been a lie. I wonder if she did accidentally hurt Cicada's daughter or maybe she is a Tornado Twin after all or maybe she's working with Jenna or even future William over on Arrow (the least likely but hey a girl can dream no?)

Oh and Cisco isn't dead as I called. I didn't believe it for a second after his heart stopped on the monitor cause usually if a main character is going to die like that, it's more prolonged on these Arrowverse shows! I do like the idea that Vibe is dead though and I wonder if that's because the show wanted to reduce the amount of heroes out in the field. He can still vibe and make breeches and everything but more low-key.

It looks like we might get the reveal of why Nora is so cold to Iris next week which is much faster than I expected it to be though at least then the awkward side-eye will stop! I said last week that I hope it's more than just a fight before Nora left and based on how much Iris was crying in the promo, I think that's true and I can't wait to find out what it is.

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment