Tuesday, October 30, 2018

The Flash Season 5 Episode 4 Review

A lot went down on the Flash tonight and I'm struggling a bit about how I feel about it.

Let's start with the most important stuff which is that we finally learn why Nora is so angry with Iris and before this I honestly didn't think it would be too bad even though I wanted it to be cause I doubted that the Flash would make Barry or Iris terrible parents (unlike Arrow who has no problem making their parents not perfect beings) so I was fascinated by the idea that Nora is angry with her mom because she suppressed her powers and hid them from Nora her whole life. This is interesting cause I don't know where I fall on this argument cause I can see both sides. Iris probably did that cause Barry's powers led to him disappearing so she probably didn't want the same to happen to her daughter but at the same time it was wrong of her to not only take Nora's choice away but to keep such a big part of herself away from her. It's because of this that I can see both sides and I suppose that gun to my head, I do think Iris was wrong though I don't think she did it out of malice or anything like that.

It also makes sense why Nora came now cause she only learned about her powers 6 months ago which is when she first popped up in our time. I'm sure in time she'll forgive both her parents but right now the anger is still fresh so I understand why she can't be around Iris and maybe Barry now too. We also learned that it wasn't Iris who finally told her about her powers and thinking back to what Sherloque said last week, I wonder if it was Reverse Flash who is manipulating Nora. One version of the Reverse Flash in the comics was the curator of the Flash museum and we know that Nora spent all her time there so it's not a huge stretch if you think about it and it would be a fun twist since the Reverse Flash is to Barry like the Joker is to Batman, always around and kicking. The last we saw him was after he ran away during the Earth X crossover but maybe this version of the timeline has that Eobard went back to the future and sent Nora back.

I really liked the reveal that during the Enlightenment went the satellite went down the dark matter from the explosion created meta tech instead of new meta humans cause that's a new path we haven't walked down yet! It also explains Cicada's powers a lot more now cause I have been wondering for a while if he's a meta or if it's his tech and I'm pretty sure it's actually both. His tech does most of the heavy lifting but I think based on context clues that the metal must have hit him and he pulled it out but some of the dark matter stayed in him leading to his super strength as shown in the end of the episode. This adds up with what Ralph and Sherloque discovered in that he sounds like a cicada cause his lung is hurt so the mask makes that wheezing noise.

No Cisco this week and very little Caitlin either and though I did like Sherloque and Ralph working together, I did miss Ralph and Caitlin working together a bit.

The promo for next week seems like we'll be getting a bit of a Halloween episode which actually probably would have been better suited for tonight since its the day before Halloween. I'm excited though cause I don't think the Flash or the Arrowverse in general has done a Halloween themed episode before so I'm down.

I'll see you all Friday for my weekly dramas review and then Monday for Arrow!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment