Monday, October 22, 2018

Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Episode 1 Review

I've always struggled with Legends cause I used to want it to be different than it was but around season 3 I decided to just let go and enjoy the crazy that appears on my screen and because of that I've found myself loving this show. Is it nonsensical? Yes. Are problems that are easy to fix made worse by our team? Of course. Does that take away from the fact that this is the closest show to a Justice League cartoon? Not even a little! Check out old posts on Legends, here and let's talk about the premiere!

Ray and Zari spent the episode chasing down leads for Nora who Ray is half in love with but is scared that once everyone else finds out about him helping her escape will be angry with him. At first Ray refused to admit to his feelings but Zari eventually broke him down and I loved her line about Nora being like a unicorn, pretty but dangerous and that she would eat Ray alive which she would! I mean of all the characters on this show, Ray's the most naive and though that's probably what attracts Nora to him (the fact that he's so different than anyone else she's met), it could lead him to being walked all over. I liked that Zari showed him her mom at the end of the episode but I'm really not sure why that had anything to do with Ray's problem. However, I was living for her acting earlier in the episode when she was high on unicorn mist!

Mick and Nate left the celebratory party to go commit a felony and I was dying at how Mick was like wanna do this and Nate was so chill with it though as soon as he said let me pick the house, I knew it was going to be like his house or something. I was interested to find out that his dad and him have some issues cause I don't remember him saying anything about that before but I do know that his grandfather (aka the guy from Justice Society) was his hero. I liked how Mick was like so what's your ish with your dad and proceeded to list daddy issues that most villains had because it did put Nate's problems into prospective even if to Nate, it still hurts and honestly sometimes words hurt more than action and being constantly told that you have a terrible job and that you're a disappointment is awful! My favorite moment though was how horrified/shocked Mick looked from the moment he found out that those people were Mick's parents to when they left. I do know that according to the LoT comic con panel that Nate will stay in DC for a little while but I can't help but wonder what exactly he could do for episodes on end. As interesting as this storyline is, it feels like a one and done sort.

No alternate version of Amaya appeared and we were told that Wally went soul searching again which is a little annoying cause Flash said that he went back to the Legends and LoT is saying this now which feels like a really terrible send off to Kid Flash! We did get a lot of Gary which is amazing cause he is one of the best additions to the show last season as a comic relief character who worships Ava, wants to be a Legend and is kinda hooking up with Constantine who we also saw a bit of. Sara invited him onto the ship but he doesn't want to be around others probably cause of whatever demon is after him as we saw in the end. I don't know how they can beat these magical beasts without him so I'm sure he'll be on the ship like next week!

Sara and Ava are still adorable and though I was on the fence with them last season, I'm loving them so far. I love that Sara believes that love is strength not weakness like Constantine thinks and that Ava was asking her to move in though that's obviously not going to happen now. It was also really sweet of Ava to tell Sara that she's still a hero after last season despite the monsters getting out. I can't wait to see more of these monsters cause the unicorn was amazing and I died at it's introduction and the reaction of the Legends.

Next week looks hilarious and I'm so so glad that the Legends have decided to pick magical creatures that are normally not seen as evil and make them horrifying cause it's so much more fun than seeing monsters we always see like vampires and werewolves or whatever. The Legends are so out of their leagues this season tbh cause though the first season of Legends tried to give our crew powers, now other than Zari, none of the Legends have more than just tech and is it any wonder that they need Constantine??

I'll see you all tomorrow for my Flash review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment