Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Agents of SHIELD Season 4 Episode 7 Review

AFTER WHAT FELT LIKE A BILLION YEARS, WE ARE FINALLY BACK!!!!! And what a great episode to return to!!! It was a ton of fun and it reminded me again why SHIELD is my favorite superhero show!

So last we saw, Fitz, Coulson and Robbie disappeared because of the blast from the weapon that Eli used and it turns out they got stuck in some other world that's kinda like purgatory where they could see and hear everyone but they couldn't see or hear them. I figured during last episode that they would become ghosts like Lucy and everyone but it turns out they were even further in the darkness. I really liked this idea and I really liked seeing the back and forth between the real world and this one. It gave the characters a way to see/hear things that they normally wouldn't have like when Fitz overheard Mason about Simmons or when Coulson overheard May talking about him. It was fascinating that AIDA could hear Fitz and Coulson and I want to know how that happened!

The Ghost Rider apparently got seriously pissed that Robbie was in this other dimension and somehow jumped out of Robbie and into Mack which despite being seriously cool, I'm really confused about. Does this mean that the Ghost Rider can jump from body to body without the consent of either party? I thought both the giver and the reciever needed to agree based on what happened when Robbie got the Ghost Rider. Anyway apparently Mack has been stewing in some pain that we never got any hint of previously but I guess that makes sense cause Mack was trying to be brave for the team. I'm curious what that picture was that he was holding and I wonder if the plan is for Mack and Robbie to run off after Eli together without Daisy or SHIELD. Mack looked like he was about to kill Robbie when he came out of the portal gateway.

Daisy was chasing after Ghost Rider Mack who was looking for Eli and it was hilarious seeing Robbie in another dimension talk to her about being careful with his car. She comforted Gabe about Robbie's "death" and then beat up a bunch of goons. I will never get tired of characters in this show beating up the bad guys all badass. The scene between her and Mack and the scene in the beginning when she refused to believe Fitz and Coulson died were sweet because despite Daisy acting otherwise, these people are Daisy's family and she really cares about them. It did look like she was leaving the team again at the end of the episode but I'm sure that even if she does, she'll be back again. Especially since Robbie seems to want to stick around for a little while longer.

Also how sweet was it when Mason (who I still dislike but a little less now) told his agents to find a counselor for Gabe to talk to about Robbie's "death."

AIDA read the Book because everyone thought that since she was an android her mind couldn't be corrupted. Was anyone else sitting there watching this and being like this is a terrible idea!!! Maybe it's cause of the whole robots creep me out thing but I was thinking that the book would show her how to become sentient and then she would take over the world or whatever and that seems to be happening at the end when she created a brain (for herself?). But she was able to create the portal and save everyone. I really hope they decide to destory this portal after Robbie came back cause it seems like leaving an interdimensional portal open is not such a great idea.

Meanwhile poor Jemma was completely out of touch with what happened cause the place that she was sent took her phone and prevented her from leaving until they solved the problem with the man stuck in terrigen form. This looked like the brother of the inhuman hating senator and I thought he was dead when I first saw him a couple of episodes ago but now it seemed that he was just stuck in transition which is kinda confusing cause Jemma just peeled off the hard terrigen and he was fine so I'm not sure why the other scientists couldn't figure that out. Also I am pretty sure they wanted Jemma to find out what kind of powers he'd have before pulling him out but I may have read the situation wrong. I wonder if him getting stuck was an accident or if the senator forced it cause she hates inhumans so much. The poor guy is not going to have an easy time of it if his sister has anything to say about it. The reunion of Fitz and Simmons was really sweet.

Overall loved this episode and I can't wait for next week's even though sadly it's the winter finale. Ugh we just came back from a three week break and now there's another one!! Also it looks like that might be the last episode we see Robbie in because of the whole "Ghost Rider's Last Stand" thing but I'm hoping that's not true and that it's just a catchy tagline and that Robbie will stay on cause I love him!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment