Monday, November 28, 2016

Supergirl Season 2 Episode 8 Review

So part of the 4 way crossover started with Supergirl!!! Well it techincally did although the crossover didn't really occur until the very end of the episode! Despite that, I did really enjoy this episode cause Supergirl is always amazing!

So firstly ALEX AND MAGGIE guys. They were precious and I loved how Maggie was the one who came to Alex and admitted that she did like Alex but was scared! I love them together and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them. Alex also came out to her mom and her mom was super supportive which was awesome. I kind of expected it because I mean Eliza and Jeremiah took in an alien. Alex being gay would not scare them off. I also liked how it was Eliza who finally convinced Alex that it was okay being who she was and that she didn't have to be embarrassed.

Also Kara and Mon El kissed but Mon claimed he didn't remember the kiss and I couldn't tell at the end of the episode whether his longing look was because he remembered and was sad or if it was just his normal longing look. He was trying to impress Eliza earlier in the episode and Kara was hilarious when she thought he was hitting on Eliza. He got poisoned by Medusa and was in lock up for a while but it was cute cause he and Kara played Monopoloy. Towards the end of the episode, we saw a couple of aliens talking about how they're going to get Mon and I'm assuming based on their tone, kill him. I thought maybe his big secret from last week was that he was the prince of Daxam but now I'm not really sure... Maybe he was a criminal there? Or was the reason that Daxam/Krypton exploded?

Speaking of Medusa, let's get into the major plotline for this episode. Cadmus wanted to kill all aliens by releasing the Medusa virus into the air and they needed a specific isotope that LCorp had. This was an interesting idea but I felt like it ended super quickly and I feel like that's because Kara needed to leave with Barry and she couldn't if she felt like her world was in danger. I don't know if I feel like this was a good thing or not because it seems they wrapped up on Cadmus and Mama Luthor already so there needs to be a new big bad or Mama Luthor will escape. Maybe Cyborg Superman will take on a bigger role than the muscle? His CGI is still pretty damn cool and I liked his fight with J'onn and how terrified he looked when J'onn took on his White/Green Martian form. I also did like how Lena tricked Mama Luthor into trusting her and actually stopped her evil plan which I called from the start. I still don't know if I believe Lena will stay good or not but if she does go evil, it would have been way too soon and way too fast of a turn this episode.

Speaking of problems being solved too quickly, J'onn was cured of his White Martian blood cell problem like in two seconds. I get the idea behind Medusa attacking J'onn's White Martian blood cells but I felt like this storyline would have gone on longer. M'gann made the whole changing thing seem like such a big deal and it's already done with. I wanted to see more of J'onn fighting this change and fighting with the idea that he was going to become what he despised!

Oh and James and Winn wanted to tell Kara the truth about James being Guardian but didn't because Alex wanted to come out during Thanksgiving dinner and didn't want them to upstage her news. I'm guessing that when we come back next week, we'll see more of this storyline played out. Do we think Kara will be pissed at them? Will the boys chicken out? Better question, do the boys know about Alex? I feel like the only person she told was Kara and now her mom.

The episode ended with the beginning of the crossover although the breaches appeared throughout the episode. Barry and Cisco appeared and Barry asked Kara for her help. I loved how Cisco corrected Barry about being coworkers not friends because of last week's Flash episode because it just shows that despite these crossovers, the characters are still themselves. I also loved how Kara immediately was all sure what are we up against and didn't question Barry needing her help at all. I AM SO PUMPED FOR THE REST OF THIS WEEK!!!

Tune in tomorrow for my Flash review!

xoxo Allie

PS Sorry about not reviewing last week's Flash or this week's Once Upon a Time! I was busy with Thanksgiving and my family! I enjoyed Flash last week cause hello I love Killer Frost and Caitlin and that Wally is finally Kid Flash. On the other hand, not a huge fan of Once this week. I am sick to death of the Evil Queen and the weird tension between Belle and Rumple. I also need Once to show more Aladdin and Jasmine! They're the most interesting part and they're relegated to two minutes every other episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment