Sunday, November 13, 2016

Once Upon a Time Season 6 Episode 8 Review

Tonight's episode was a fun one despite the characters all acting dumb at one point or another. I never understand why writers think that the only way for something to get done is for all the characters to suddenly lose IQ points. Let's get into shall we?

The opening montage was definitely fun because it's never been done before and I'll admit, Snow and Charming broke my heart a bit. But of course Emma kissing them awake was never mentioned or tried. Last week when I mentioned that Emma might be able to wake her parents, I didn't think about how maybe the curse works the same way no matter who uses the True Love kiss. Even if this was true, I still would have liked to see a scene of Emma trying it cause if she truly was pained seeing her parents sad, she would have tried anything to help them.

Being trapped in the mirror world was fun too because I liked the idea of Emma and Regina looking through different mirrors which unfortunately we didn't get a lot of. Was the whole vibrations in the mirror something only Henry could sense cause he was the author or was that something that anyone could see/feel if they paid close enough attention? I totally forgot that Sydney was removed from the mirror cause I expected him to appear! Oh and he's a genie too right? I feel like I remember something like that from season 1. I also thought the EQ killed the Dragon so it was interesting seeing him again. I was hoping that he would be Mushu and at first glance I thought he might be Mulan's dad too but I think based on this show, he's probably Lily's dad which is problematic because Lily was Latina when she was young and now she's white so.... Also they casually left the Dragon in the mirror world and never looked back. Way to be heroes guys.

I like how the Greek Gods are still a part of the world even though we left the Underworld. The Hammer of Hephaestus was in this episode and I liked how Henry was able to out-think the EQ to help. Apparently the EQ's big plan was to turn Henry dark? I guess that makes sense based on the advice she gave Zelena a few episodes back although EQ really should have known it wouldn't have worked. Henry's almost an adult now while Robin is only a baby so the same plan can't work in both cases. Also apparently Violet is struggling to fit in so she stood up Henry on a few dates cause that makes sense. It was cute though seeing Henry, Hook and EQ trying to find which of Charming's ties were best.

Aladdin and Jasmine were in the episode tonight which was a fun surprise! Belle wanted to get away from Rumple which although I applaud, I was confused about. Just last week Belle told Rumple to step up and try to be good to get to know their son and this week Belle's all about leaving. Anyway, she went to Zelena who couldn't do anything without the wand from Rumple's shop so they turned to Aladdin cause I guess Will's not around anymore... Not that I'm complaining, it was great seeing him again. He stole the wand and apparently the genie lamp but Genie is free so someone else is inside. I'm glad that the genie and the lamp are in their story still and I wonder if we'll see any of Genie in flashbacks? I also wonder why the show felt the need to make a new genie in the lamp unless it's Jafar. I'm excited to see where this goes. Also no lie but I melt whenever Aladdin's on screen.

Ugh now back to Rumple and Belle and Zelena and EQ. Talk about goosebumps. I was legit horrified when Rumple slapped that bracelet on Belle. It's a tracker I assume or something that prevents Belle from being too far from Rumple. This is the first season that I've ever not been a fan of Rumple or Rumbelle so it's all very weird for me. I don't know why Rumple has decided to dig in his heels and cling to being a villain. Everyone and their mother knows Belle still loves him and would let him back into her life if only he would try even just a little to be good. Remember season 2 and 3 Rumbelle? Those were the days. I actually smirked when Zelena was all if you hurt me, you hurt yourself. And of course Rumple tucked tail and returned to EQ with whom he had the most disgusting makeout session with. I literally cannot watch them on screen.

I definitely enjoyed this episode and I'm excited for the season to continue. Unfortunately, Once Upon a Time will be taking the next two weeks off so we won't get another episode until December. Tune in tomorrow for my Supergirl review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment