Monday, November 7, 2016

Once Upon a Time Season 6 Episode 7 Review

Snow and Charming heavy episodes aren't ones that I'm usually interested in. I loved their story in early seasons but something about them just bores me now. Maybe it's because they repeat the same things over and over every time they interact or maybe it's the fact that their flashback storylines are always the same. Either way I was so apathetic with the whole thing until the end where I got super irritated cause characters like to be dumb when the storyline suits them.

Let's start with Snow and Charming's flashbacks. Snow was kidnapped and Charming saved her but neither saw the other's face because Snow didn't want Charming to know that she was the Princess. I was glad that they didn't meet cause I loved their first meeting so I'm glad the show didn't retcon that. Despite that, there was no point to these flashbacks other than to show the sappling that formed from their true love. But if that was the case, the show could have just skipped the flashbacks and near the end when Snow and Charming are realizing that the sappling came from their True Love, there could be a quick flash to when they met when Snow tried to rob Charming and then a sappling could appear. A few seconds of the two touching and then zoom over to the sappling CGI springing up. Also the show literally has given up on timeline. I didn't even realize they were showing a flashback the first time until Snow appeared with her long hair and I was like oh wait we're in the Enchanted Forest which looks exactly like the Storybrooke forest.

In present day the Evil Queen is blackmailing the Charmings into giving her their hearts or she'll poison the whole town with the water from the Lost Souls. When I was watching this, I had to give props to the EQ for coming up with a truly evil plan or so it seemed at first. When they finally did decide to give up their hearts and EQ decided killing them wasn't evil enough, I thought she was about to kill Charming and be like oops now your life sucks but of course that didn't happen cause then the show would permanently lose Charming so she cast a sleeping curse on them in that if one wakes the other, the other will go under the curse. Now this would be a great plan but my question, what about Emma? We've seen multiple times that familial love is also considered True Love so why can't Emma kiss Charming to wake him up? Especially since she's the Savior. I'm going to guess the show isn't going to consider this at all.

Also why the hell are EQ and Rumple a thing? I vomit in my mouth a little every time they're on screen together and when Zelena walked in on them, I almost died. Ugh. And then Zelena told Belle and honestly I was thrilled when she said that she didn't care if Rumple slept with EQ. I have always shipped Rumple and Belle but after this, the show has lost my support of them. Beauty and the Beast is one of the most beloved Disney movies so the fact that OUAT has moved so far from Rumbelle and has worked so hard to ruin them is baffling. It's one thing to give them tension or a will-they won't-they storyline but the place where they've taken the two, after all the lies and blackmail and LIES, there's no outcome which will save it. If Belle takes back Rumple, we'll lose respect in her but if she doesn't, then the show is saying that Beauty and the Beast don't end up together. I had hoped after season 4 when Rumple's heart turned pure, he would stay good but the show didn't know how to deal without evil Rumple so they ruined it. That not so coincidentally was the last time I truly shipped Rumple and Belle.

Unfortunately there was no Aladdin or Jasmine this episode but we did get the return of Blue. One of the things I love this season is how old characters from earlier seasons are appearing again. With all the traveling from realm to realm, there's not much of a chance for us to seem these characters.

Anyway, this was not one of my favorite episodes so I'm sorry if I was too harsh in my review. Hopefully next week will be better! Tune in tomorrow for my Supergirl review!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment