Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The Flash Season 3 Episode 6 Review

I am so utterly confused about what I experienced this episode. And again rolling my eyes at how dumb everyone is in the show.

So Caitlin finally told everyone about her powers and I still don't understand this whole thing. Getting ice powers doesn't make a person evil. Killer Frost's circumstances turned her evil. I feel like even though the show keeps hinting at it, Caitlin won't ever actually become evil cause then she'd have to leave the team and Team Flash would never be the same again. Also how much of a dick was Barry during their conversation. Every time Barry talks in these last couple of episodes, he always turns the conversation back to himself and his woe is me routine. Like Caitlin is sitting here terrified that she might go evil and Barry's talking on and on about Flashpoint and how he ruined things. Like Barry we know that. Please move on. Everyone else has.

Wally was finally targeted by Alchemy and it's tough because I can't pin down how I feel about him. Wally West has always been my favorite speedster but this Wally is not like the Wally I love so I constantly have this struggle of whether I like this Wally or not. This whole season has been spent with him whining about wanting powers. It's not cute Wally. We get it. Try something new. But then he does something like speed through the beginning in his Kid Flash costume and I can't stop grinning. Do you get my struggle? I'm so glad that he's going to get his powers now so we can stop with the whining. Although tbh it'll probably another episode or two where Joe is alllll upset about Wally speeding around and trying to be a hero.

As I've mentioned before, I HATE that Flash is basically useless. He needs about a thousand lectures and for someone (Cisco/Caitlin/Wells) to tell him how to solve his problems. In Arrow and Supergirl, there are teams who help out but ultimately Oliver and Kara come up with solutions. And for the love of God, how many Joe-dad lectures do we need??? I am so sick to death of lectures and dad-talks. These characters are supposed to be in their mid-20s not their teens. Why does every episode include a I'm the dad and I know right and you're the kid and you don't know.

The ending was very weird. Firstly what is Alchemy's powers? Is he a magician or does his power come from the Philosopher's Stone? What was that weird blue thing that attacked everyone. I thought for a few seconds that Alchemy must have another speedster on his speed dial that was helping him out but that isn't what it seems like. Secondly, why the hell didn't they try to take off Alchemy's mask while he was done instead of gloating about how they captured him. Jesus. It's like we're working with ameaturs. The show was trying to heavy handedly hint that Alchemy was Julian cause of Barry's line about being unable to contact Julian before they went to attack Alchemy. Ugh.

Also Shade did a thing and Barry stopped him with handcuffs that stopped meta-powers. Joe went on a date with that DA but she was wooed by HR who has a face changer.

I'm definitely pumped for next week cause it's all about Killer Frost!!!! And then the crossover the week after!!! Who's ready??

Tune in tomorrow for my Arrow review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment