Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The Flash Season 3 Episode 5 Review

This was a good episode so let's get right into it shall we?

So first up is Caitlin's slow descent into becoming Killer Frost. I have hit my limit for how long I can handle Caitlin keeping this a secret. I never understand why characters have to keep secrets from each other especially since it never works out. Turning to her mom makes sense because every child looks to their parents when they're in trouble but like Caitlin found out when she went to her mom, she's already done the science and her mom couldn't do anything else. Barry and Cisco would be better suited to helping emotionally and teaching her how to control the powers. But instead, the powers are probably going to come out at the worst time and cause everyone to turn on her. I am curious about her powers though cause are they like evil in that the more she uses them, the more they turn her into a different person? Cause the whole attack that guy thing was really not Caitlin. Is that how/why she'll become a villain?

I loved how HR's big secret was that he wasn't a scientist but in fact just a con-man. It was definitely different so I'm glad the show didn't go the obvious route and make him a villain outright. I thought that he was the one who created the monster so that he could prove himself to the team so I was suprised and impressed that the show went a different way. I wonder if they'll tell us who his partner is and if it's someone we know cause the show did make a big deal out of not saying HR's partner's name aloud.

The monster was lame and I knew almost immediately that it was a hologram but my big question was if it was a hologram, how was it hurting things? Or was all the damage caused in the city due to people freaking out? Like that moron who smashed his taxi into a parked car. Like I get your scared but why not park your car like a normal person? I'm not sure what the point was of revealing the person behind the monster as a child other than what a messed up kid. This is how villains are made. Will he have to go to juvie now? Or get off with probation? Will we ever see this kid again or get answers to any of these questions? Probably not.

We also got to explore Julien a little during this episode and he's still so irrelevant to the plot. I mean he literally hates metahumans cause he's not one. And then he goes on a diatribe about how metas use their powers for dumb things but doesn't like the Flash for using his powers to save people cause he causes the police to become lazy. First of all, the Flash is doing exactly what you wanted to do with powers and secondly, if the police are getting lazy, that's there fault. I always hate this idea of superheroes being the reason that villains pop up or people get hurt. The villains would be there regardless. At least with a superhero, the good guys have a chance. How exactly would the police be able to stop all these metas if Barry wasn't around? It wouldn't be laziness I'll tell you that. The only thing that could turn Julien's character around is if he was Alchemy or if he went to Alchemy to get powers cause otherwise he's not needed in this show. It's very confusing because the show made a huge deal with his casting and he's relegated to what, a thorn in Barry's side? A new friend? At least on Arrow, every new person that shows up is either a villain, love interest or an upcoming hero (even though they take it too far and way too many people are heroes now).

Anyway despite what it sounds like, I enjoyed this episode but it wasn't one of my favorites. I hope next week is better with the focus being on Wally. Don't miss my Agents of SHIELD review coming later tonight!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment