Monday, November 7, 2016

Supergirl Season 2 Episode 5 Review

Tonight's episode wasn't one of my favorites but it was still a good one. I'm just not a huge fan of James so the fact that this episode was so James heavy wasn't really fun for me but I'm trying to keep an open mind with the new direction the show is taking him. The ending was a fun twist though and I enjoyed the journey.

So first up, Mon El was hardcore struggling on Earth. He's too much of a frat boy to want to work or be serious which is fine but Kara was not about that. She was really mother-y this episode which was funny to watch and I died when she walked in on Mon and Tessmacher. Their dance at Lena's party was fun and I laughed when Winn made the comment about how Kara wasn't into either of them so she couldn't be into Mon. I didn't think Winn was still interested in Kara but maybe he kinda still is. I hope this is the last episode with the same Mon and Kara track. Even when Kara is being friendly, the episode follows the same path of problems all episode and then an apology at the end. I'd like to see something different with them. At first I thought maybe Kara and Mon would make a good couple but now I'm wondering if the show is leaning towards a more sibling route. The way they play off of each other is more friendly than anything else (even though I would still like them together). Also why do I have a feeling that Mon is probably best suited for a bartending gig?

James wanted to become a superhero too and so he tried to get Winn to help him but Winn was not about that because he thought that James didn't have any superpowers so he would just get his butt kicked on the streets. Oh Winn. Don't you know more than half of the heroes on DCTV are non-powered? Oliver, Diggle, Wild Dog, Evelyn, Curtis, Laurel, Thea, Roy, Ray, Sara, Mick, and Leonard. Do I need to go on? By the way, I seriously didn't realize how large the amount of our heroes don't have powers until I actually listed them! Hopefully James gets his suit sooner rather than later.

Alex's slow realization that she might not be straight continued this episode when she realized that she might actually be interested in Maggie. I'm really enjoying this storyline and how rather than Alex being like I've actually always been into women but it's never been shown on screen, she's actually realizing that maybe the reason she's never been into any of her relationships with men is because she's not into them. Even if Maggie isn't who Alex ends up with, Maggie will still always be the one who showed Alex who she really was.

I also did like the idea of the weapons being a way to sway the public into hating aliens or at the very least fearing them. The response that that reporter at CatCo had about wanting to arm the good guys to fight the bad guys was exactly one that people in real life have every day. Kara's response was exactly right in that more guns never solve problems. In the end, I really liked that it was Winn and Lena who destroyed the guns and stopped the gang. I hope they have more scenes together in the future because they were fun together, I also really liked how Lena went to Kara and was like you're my only friend here please come to my party.

The ending of the episode was interesting. When the gang were talking to the head of Cadmus about attacking Lena's party, the head of Cadmus's voice got all echo-y but since no one on screen reacted I thought my tv was just acting up a bit but then the same thing happened at the end before the gang members died. I thought for a second that maybe the head of Cadmus was an alien too but then we found out that the lady was actually Mama Luthor!!!! Did not see that coming! It was a fun twist.

It was weird not seeing Hank this episode but I'd like to believe he's bonding with M'gann! Anyway did like this episode although it wasn't my favorite of this season.

Tune in tomorrow for my Flash review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment