Thursday, October 19, 2017

Arrow Season 6 Episode 2 Review

This was a fun episode. I love how different Arrow is compared to all the other shows most of the time but sometimes it's a little too heavy on the day to day. Tonight's episode was a good one until the end.

So if you were wondering, yes William is still a pain in the ass. I was almost so close to liking him as a character though as the episode came to close until the end when Oliver decided he wanted to give up being the Green Arrow so that he could protect William. Now this would be all exciting and fun if not for the fact that not only do I not think this will last (in the same way as The Flash couldn't function without Barry) but we literally just saw shades of this last season. It hasn't been long enough for the hype to go down. We want to see Oliver as the Green Arrow kicking ass! Anyway back to William, I was a fan of their bonding tonight and I loved how Oliver's advice to William about bullying was punch the biggest guy in the nose. Oliver, that's not how you parent. I'm still confused as to why William hasn't met the team. If he did maybe knowing that Oliver has backup would help him feel better about Oliver out on the streets.

I love the FBI investigator and how she's not an idiot like every other law enforcement person we see on shows like this. I loved that she called bullshit on this whole Oliver is not the Green Arrow thing cause Oliver literally half-threatened her into backing off of Oliver and dude she would have to be an idiot to not pick up on that! I wonder how much of her we'll see this season. My only gripe with this investigation is why is Green Arrow being studied? Flash and Supergirl are revered in their cities. They work with the police and no one is investigating them. What makes Green Arrow different cause the Hood was the one killing people and everyone thinks the Hood and Green Arrow are different so what gives show?

Also I still need an explanation on the wonky timeline between Arrow and Flash. Is Flash a month ahead of Arrow or did Arrow's finale take place a month after Flash's so they're at the same time? Cause we saw that newspaper in Central City saying that Oliver is the Green Arrow but as we saw tonight, the photo was fake and he was cleared of charges (technically.)

Felicity and Curtis are starting their own company FINALLY! Smoak Industries anyone? I'm so pumped for this cause I love when characters get their own storylines especially the love interests who I will not stop crowing that they are more than just the girlfriend. I love when the show answers questions that the viewers have about logistics. Last season they told us that Felicity had a huge severance package like Oliver did when she lost Palmer Tech which is how she has money but I'm excited to see what happens with this company! I do miss the Oliver and Felicity scenes but I know Oliver is a little busy with his son so I'll let it slide for now.

So it seems that Diggle has some nerve damage and that's why he can't shoot anymore which I cannot decide if I like better than PTSD or not. Dinah was all up in his business about it in a really annoying way and they showed us multiple times that she was in trouble but he couldn't help. I really thought the last time he would shoot the gun cause I refused to believe that they would show us the same scene for the third time but nope that's what the show did. I don't know why it's such a huge deal though that he can't shoot cause he can still fight so like why can't he get a bow staff like Dinah or something and fight with that? He and Rene are the only ones who shoot guns which isn't a very superhero thing anyway so why not? I'm curious to see if he'll struggle to shoot arrows too or if it's just specifically a struggle with his gun.

Anatoli came back tonight and was the Big Bad of the week. I love him so I was thrilled to see him though I wasn't expecting him at all which made it extra fun. Unfortunately it's some strange version of Anatoli who's like half lost his mind and thinks Oliver is his enemy (reasons still unclear.) I know there were some rumors that he would be the Big Bad of the season and I think that'd be really fun cause the more he's on screen, the better! I loved his jabs about how he's an honorable villain cause he didn't touch Oliver's son (or his loved ones) and I wonder if that's a nod towards Chase from his end.

Next week's promo showed Diggle as Green Arrow and it looks like he's going to have some trouble. I wonder if that's how Oliver will take the Green Arrow mantle back. Also that's bullshit cause Diggle has been out in the field leading with Oliver so many times. Plus did we forget about when Oliver and Felicity went on vacation for months and left Star City to Diggle, Thea and Laurel? He did fine then until Damien Darkh showed up! Anyway hope we see more of Felicity and Curtis's new company and hopefully William stops being a baby sometime soon (I have no sympathy so don't ask.)

I'll see you all next Monday for Supergirl!!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment