Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The Flash Season 4 Episode 2 Review

Okay I take back every negative thing I've said while watching the Flash previews for tonight's episode. I have never laughed or enjoyed an episode of the Flash more than I did tonight!

I loved that Barry and Iris's problems weren't just about who's in charge of Team Flash but actually had a deeper meaning in that Iris was still upset that Barry left her six months ago. I loved that they had an actual fight about it though I don't know if they ever really solved it because it seemed like they hand waved it away by Barry saying sorry which the show does a lot. I did not think I was going to like couple's therapy cause I hate when shows do that cheesy stuff but I actually laughed so hard. The deadpan way that Iris and Barry said metaphorically or emotionally to explain a superhero problem made me die. Them listing off everyone who died, I died myself.

Speaking of, I loved that scene when Barry picked up that newspaper and it said Mayor Oliver Queen is Green Arrow and how freaked he looked and how Iris was like we'll talk about that later. I just love how connected the Arrowverse shows make the world feel. But on a different note, I'm a little confused by the timelines. Arrow jumped ahead 5 months but Flash and Supergirl jumped 6 so was this a low key spoiler for the Green Arrow reveal storyline (aka Oliver doesn't deny it and embraces it like the comics) on Arrow or did the Arrow writers screw up and meant to say there was a 6 month jump or were we supposed to think the finale of Arrow happened one month after the Flash's? I have questions.

It was fun seeing Dominic Burgess on tonight's episode (aka Ember from Magicians) though I had the hardest time placing him cause I was sitting there like this guy looks so familiar! I love that it seems like we haven't seen the end of him. Seeing the Thinker at the end made me wonder if the Thinker is planning on creating a Rogues Gallery to fight Barry since he himself can't physically fight. I would love that cause the Flash's Rogues are so much fun though it's also sad cause my favorite Rogues are probably not going to be a part of it cause it seems that something else happened outside of Central City to create metas and those are the metas the Thinker is collecting. I'm so excited.

Caitlin didn't get much to do this week which was unfortunate. It seemed she traded off with Cisco who had nothing to do last week. Let's not even talk about my baby Wally who was shafted aside TWICE this episode. Let's have a moment of silence for the Wally we could have got but didn't. But no seriously, WHY HAVE WALLY ON THE SHOW AT ALL IF ALL HE'S GOING TO DO IS NOTHING? You're telling me that Wally West couldn't speed away from whatever that slow charging thing Barry shot out of his hand? Also remember when Wally was into racing cars and mechanics? WHY DIDN'T HE DO ANYTHING WITH THE CAR? Don't you need to have some sort of experience with them to even take them apart? I kind of wish he wasn't even on the show cause all it does is piss me off. I'm not saying that he should be the best or anything (though in my personal opinion he is), just give him some good screen time or a storyline for the love of everything. Even the sidekicks on Arrow are written better than this!!

Cisco and Gypsy are still precious and though I'm kind of low key shipping Cisco and Caitlin all of a sudden, I still loved all the moments we got tonight. I loved that Cisco kept cancelling on Gypsy on her Earth's version of Valentine's Day and that she was pissed but acting like she was fine and Cisco was dumb enough to believe that (Caitlin's reactions were the best.) I also loved that they were able to work it out in the end and communicate like adults. Also is it just me or was it really hot every time Cisco called her baby?

Next week's episode looks silly but in a fun way. I've decided to embrace this return to extremely funny tone that the Flash is trying to do because though I was hesitant last week, I really did enjoy tonight's episode. I figure that the Arrowverse team was like well last year Flash and Arrow were dark while Supergirl and Legends were fun so this year Flash and Legends will be fun and Arrow and Supergirl can be dark which I am perfectly fine with!

Don't forget to check out my Arrow review Thursday night!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment