Tuesday, October 24, 2017

The Flash Season 4 Episode 3 Review

Guys I'm sorry but I can't help but despise this episode with every fiber of my being and for the life of me I cannot detach myself from my anger and look at this show in an unbiased way. Why do I feel this way? Two words: Wally West.

If you know me at all you know that Wally West is my favorite Flash and one of my favorite DC characters in general and I loved Keiynan's performance as Wally but for so long I was annoyed with this show because they kept giving the shaft to Wally and pretty much refusing to write him not only well but pretty much at all. The one and only time he actually had some substance to play with was when Wally was first introduced and after that he became just a background character. The show never knew what to do with him or what to write for him and I was slowly losing patience for it but tonight just took the cake. 1. Jessie dumped him for no reason and didn't even bother to do it in person. 2. Harry was the one to ultimately tell him and not in any sort of sympathetic way. 3. No one cared that he was upset cause if this was Barry or Iris or even Cisco (remember how much time was spent on Cisco freaking out over Gypsy being mad at him) we'd get some conversations about how he was feeling. 4. HE LITERALLY LEFT DURING THEIR BIG BATTLE WITH BECKY AND NO ONE NOTICED. 5. He was written off the show in the tackiest way ever. 6. NO ONE TRIED TO STOP HIM OR CONVINCE HIM TO STAY. 7. Neither Iris or Joe even teared up at the thought of losing a family member. 8. WALLY WAS FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE SECOND HE STEPPED OUT THE DOOR.

I was sitting throughout the entire episode like so is Wally okay? Does anyone care that he is upset? Where is Wally? Why isn't he helping Barry? But nope. Let's instead focus on Harry cause the damn show can write for as many Harrison as they want but Wally is too hard. Why bring Wally onto the show if the show didn't know what to do with him? When Roy was written off of Arrow, he had a great three seasons of story and left by sacrificing himself for Oliver. WHY COULDN'T WALLY GET THAT? The show literally took every villain and every storyline that Wally had in the comics and gave them to Barry and then was like deuces Wally.

Now I don't know if Wally leaving is due to Keiynan wanting to be done with The Flash like Colton did when he was written off of Arrow but I don't think so cause Keiynan never said anything and seemed to love being Wally so I'm leaning towards more like the show wrote him off. If that's the case, I really really really hope that he can go to Legends or maybe pop up on Titans (if that's set in the same universe.) Really anywhere would be better than the Flash cause he might get something to do. I'll miss you Keiynan and Wally West.

Oh and I suppose some other shit went down that I didn't care about. Jessie kicked Harry out of Earth 2 basically cause he kept trying to control everything with Team Jessie Quick so that's why he was all pouty. Cisco convinced him to stay on Earth 1 with the team. Cecile and Joe debated moving to a smaller place but Cecile is pregnant so that probably won't happen. Barry and Iris almost got married tonight cause they're worried that shit keeps ruining their plans but they didn't. Sidenote: Iris did look absolutely stunning in her wedding dress. Oh and Becky who was the Big Bad of the episode created bad luck for everyone which the show solved with #science.

The most interesting part of the episode was with the Thinker. The new metas that were created apparently got their powers when Barry opened up the breech back in the premiere showcasing once again that he is the worst and he ruins lives. The most interesting part was that The Thinker somehow influenced things so that the bus was not only full of potential subjects that he was following but that the bus would be right where the breech opened.

Elongated Man is going to pop up next week. Yay.

Check back in Thursday night for my Arrow review.

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment