Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 1 Review

Guess who's back? Back again? The Legends are back! Tell a friend. Okay but seriously, Legends of Tomorrow is back and we open up on a whole new world which was a ton of fun. I love when shows mix up their world to prevent going stale so I was on board!

So Rip created a Time Bureau to replace the Time Masters which is all well and good but I'm confused about why he would. He was monumental is destroying the Time Masters in the first place cause he felt as though they had too much power and lost sight of what's truly important. Creating a new Time Bureau doesn't seem to be something he would have planned on especially since he was pretty much the worst on the Legends team. Well whatever the reasoning, I like them and how clearly they are better than the Legends in almost every conceivable way. I loved every moment that they made fun of the Legends cause though I love my Legends and how fun the show is, I feel like the Time Bureau a lot especially last season. At the very least, we have a mind wipe machine now to wave away the weirdness that the Legends create cause before this they were just screwing things up and then peacing out.

I like the idea that Rip spent five years away from the team while the team only felt like it was moments ago cause it explains why Rip is so cold to them now. It was weird to see the tension between Sara and Rip though Rip clearly still respects Sara as not only a captain but a person. And let's be honest, Nate was the idiot who screwed things up not Sara. Who takes a selfie after mind wiping someone? Do it before Nate! I'm sorry, I just really hate Nate and I had hoped he would leave the show after last season. For a second I actually thought the show decided to remove Amaya to be replaced with Zari but decided that keeping Nate was a good idea. Ugh.

Seeing all of the Legends except Mick and Amaya and Stein fail to settle back into the world was kind of hilarious but also confusing. It was such a sitcom moment but it didn't land as well as it should have cause the world is not as small as just Legends. Why wouldn't Ray try to take back his company if the only reason he lost it was that he "died" or Sara try to rejoin Team Arrow? And if Nate was working out of Central City, why didn't he join Team Flash cause they could have used the help with Barry missing? Jax's troubles were the only ones that made sense. Then again I shouldn't complain cause rarely do things on Legends make sense and we all know that the only reason we watch this show is to see a bunch of idiots screw things up.

The Julius Caesar thing was funny and I loved when Sara handed him his ass in five seconds and the team looked on like yeah she's fine, she doesn't need us. I also loved that he was so offended by her defeating him but then a few moments later was all well you're hot, you should marry me. The ending felt a little contrived to me that the Time Bureau for as badass as they are, couldn't handle a few Romans and needed the Legends to save them. But who's complaining cause it led to another awesome team up from the Legends.

Next week looks like fun too. We're going to the circus and Billy Zane! There better be a ton of Dick Grayson references or I'll be super disappointed! There also seems to be no sign of Zari yet and no Amaya either so I wonder if Amaya has been downgraded to series recurring instead of series regular. Unfortunately due to time and scheduling, like last season, I will only be doing reviews of the premieres and finales which includes midseason ones and the crossover so I will see you then!

Don't forget to look for my Riverdale review tomorrow night and my Arrow review Thursday!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment