Thursday, October 26, 2017

Arrow Season 6 Episode 3 Review

Tonight's episode of Arrow was near perfection. I loved every single moment that I experienced and it really just gives me a rush of affection whenever I truly enjoy an episode of Arrow as it is my baby.

Can we take a moment to slow clap the effects and editing before we get into the show? Arrow is always great with it's editing and fight scenes so I don't usually mention it unless something really sticks out and I don't know what it was but there was so many cool moments tonight! Like the scene where Dinah used her Canary Cry to push Diggle or that fight scene outside the limo that was filmed from inside! I love how much of a team show Arrow has become (which is funny cause you know I wasn't feeling the team in the beginning of last season) so that slow motion shot of all the team members jumping off the balcony was so badass! You know what feeling I'm talking about. It's the feeling you get when you first see the Avengers together or when you get a roving shot of the Arrowverse team during a crossover or when in Star Wars ships jump out of hyperspace! Ugh it's the best feeling.

Okay enough of that, let's jump into the episode and let's start with Diggle! I loved that the opening of Arrow started with John Diggle is the Green Arrow and honestly I was seriously surprised that Oliver didn't take back the mantle by the end of the episode though if he did, I would have been real annoyed cause that would make everything he did last week moot. I loved seeing Diggle struggle to have faith in himself to make the right calls and his bond with Dinah. I always love when in teams, someone will be mad at the leader but back his/her call in front of others so I loved seeing Dinah support Diggle. Now let's talk about the elephant in the room. I seriously gasped out loud when I saw Diggle inject himself with something. Holy shit John that's a god awful idea! I don't know why he can't go to Felicity and Curtis and ask for help instead! I mean Curtis literally invented something that cured Felicity's spinal cord damage so I'm sure he can find something to help Diggle with his tremors! Ugh this is going to end so poorly and I will lose it if Diggle dies or gets really hurt!

Oliver spent most of the episode doing Mayoral stuff. I still hate this whole hunt the vigilantes thing cause I will never understand the difference between vigilantes v superheroes and Green Arrow v Flash or Supergirl. Ugh remember when Central City got all pissy cause Flash disappeared for a day? People sure don't feel the same in Star City even though Green Arrow has saved their asses so many times! I'm hoping this city wide vote on the anti-vigilante act will prove that though the politicians may have a problem with Green Arrow, the people do not. Cause seriously, the Green Arrow deserves love too!

The FBI agent is still around which is interesting and she's got a fun case board up with all of Oliver's associates and somehow she has decided that Diggle is probably the man under the hood which is a weird conclusion to jump to unless they can get a good shot of Green Arrow up close or if you know Oliver and the team! I'm interested in this story and I hope it goes somewhere better than that reporter last season. I'd like to see the show really dig in here!

Oliver's other problem was with William who I still dislike but less so cause he didn't do anything irritating tonight so points to him. I will never truly accept William until he accepts Oliver as the Green Arrow so the jury will be out until then. We got another irritating line from him about how Oliver is not going to be the Other Guy as if Oliver is some sort of serial killer ugh. It was really cute to see Oliver freaking out because William was freaking out because he had a math test he thought he was going to fail. I loved seeing Felicity tutor William and she was amazing with him which Oliver noticed too! His heart eyes were hardcore adorable and I think they're officially back together now? I actually laughed when William goes she's super cool and Oliver's like yeah she is.

Next week is the return of Black Siren and it looks like we're getting more Diggle as Green Arrow! Black Siren is pretty fun so I'm excited to see what happens. I love how she was like you seem different to Diggle Green Arrow and I'm like yeah he's a different person. I get that I need to suspend my disbelief รก la glasses hide Supergirl's identity but dude Green Arrow just changed races so....

Anyway I'll see you all Monday for my Supergirl review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment