Monday, March 4, 2019

Arrow Season 7 Episode 14 Review

What an interesting episode of Arrow that may have finally put one storyline I hate to bed and also changed the board in a fun way.

Let's start with the main story which was ARGUS running an operation to take down Dante with Task Force X with the help of Oliver and Felicity. I really liked that Diggle was the one to tell Oliver and Felicity the truth cause I really thought the show would want to play with the "betrayal" they would feel after seeing Diaz in the field or seeing him after he escapes so props to Diggle for coming out with the truth first. I also loved that Oliver was kinda calm about it but Felicity immediately freaked out cause Diaz has been a nightmare for her and especially now that she's pregnant. As I expected the mole turned out to be the deputy chief who was totally sketch from the first moment I saw him but it still weirds me out that ARGUS has to report to the government cause I always thought the Director (usually Amanda Waller but Lyla here) ran it and did whatever they want which is why it's annoying that Lyla and Diggle keep seeing to get in trouble with them. In a way though it does give us a good reason as to why Diggle would leave ARGUS and rejoin Team Arrow again cause I was wondering how we would get the band back together.

It does suck that we only had Task Force X for like one episode and now they're disbanded again cause it doesn't really make sense. Why bother with so many episodes setting them up if they're going to do nothing. And it wasn't even a fun mission like the last two times we used them in the show cause they had one scene, failed and then were replaced with Team Arrow. Speaking of, I wasn't surprised that Dante ended up getting away but I guess now we officially know that he's the Big Bad of this season after all which I kind of like cause in hindsight it shows that the show was actually pretty tightly written. Diaz took out a loan with Dante last season/early this season and hired the Longbow Hunters while ARGUS was hunting him and now Oliver and Team Arrow have made him angry. I'm also curious as to the connection between Dante and Oliver cause Oliver didn't seem to know him but Dante clearly knows Oliver. He's already a much more interesting villain that Diaz was.

Speaking of, I loved the twist where Emiko turned out to be working with Dante! I was waiting for another reveal like maybe she's not actually a Queen after all but I think she is and Dante just somehow convinced her that he was the good guy. I'm sure it wasn't that hard of a fight cause she even admitted to Oliver that she thought he was just as bad as his father and I bet that she was a Longbow Hunter cause it would explain how she got the skills and equipment to be a Green Arrow though I still don't understand why she chose that mantle if she hates anything to do with the Queens. I bet the story is that she joined Dante before her mother died to get revenge on the Queens only to step away after her mother died to find that killer. I'm sure she'll switch sides by the end of the season though cause she'll realize that Oliver is a good man and nothing like her father.

Also can we take a moment to talk about the DC Easter Eggs? I loved how Qurac and Harjavti were used in this episode. I know them from Young Justice where both Qurac and Harjavti are good but according to the wiki I read, they're both not so good in the comics and it looks like that's what Arrow used too. I wonder if we'll see any more of this or if this will end up just being an Easter Egg.

I also enjoyed Felicity's arc tonight cause I'm glad we're finally put this dark!Felicity thing to bed now cause as much as I enjoyed it at the start of the season, I got over it quickly. I still love her friendship with Laurel so much and it was amazing that she was the one to find out that Felicity is pregnant first before even Oliver and that then she spent the rest of the episode trying to take care of her. My favorite scene of the episode though was the one where Oliver and Felicity talked about Diaz and that Oliver was basically like I'll support whatever decision you make whether it's killing Diaz or not cause it was such a husband thing to do! Of course Felicity not killing Diaz was great too and I loved when Felicity told Oliver about her pregnancy. I hope we see more protective Oliver from now on cause this is their baby after all!

Meanwhile over in the future we had some William and Mia bonding. I still hate these flashforwards cause not only do they show us that everything that our characters are currently doing is pointless (cause everything sucks in the future) but they keep spoiling things for us in a not fun way. It does seem that Mia never knew Oliver from the way she was talking tonight and it also seems that Felicity never told anyone but Diggle (and Laurel obviously) that she was pregnant which leads me to think that the theory about Oliver dying during the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover might be true. Maybe he exchanged his life for Barry and Kara and then because of that Felicity goes into hiding and never sees Dinah or Rene or even Roy again. It would explain why none of them knew Mia existed but it doesn't entirely explain why William thinks he was abandoned. William claimed that neither Oliver or Felicity ever contacted him again after leaving Star City but this episode we saw Oliver leave a mailbox full of voicemails which means that William's grandparents must be intercepting his messages but that doesn't explain why neither Felicity or Oliver go to him in person to be like why the hell are you ignoring us cause no matter what they are his parents.

It was also interesting to find out that Connor Hawke is actually an adopted son of Diggle's which makes sense (cause the name change thing was weird as hell in Legends) but it still makes me wonder where Diggle and Lyla and JJ are in the future. It was also really sweet that Mia said that Felicity was the only person she cared about in the world though it was still annoying to hear both Mia and William talk shit about their parents when I can't imagine Oliver and Felicity doing anything but love them with all they had especially if Felicity never left Mia like I thought she might have last episode (to keep her safe of course.)

Next week looks like we'll finally get to see Team Arrow work with the SCPD which is funny cause Oliver's been doing it for a while now but I like the idea of having the whole team train with the police. I do hope we get more pregnant Felicity with Oliver and Laurel but I also wonder what is her purpose now that she's no longer Overwatch.

I'll see you all tomorrow for my Flash review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment