Monday, March 25, 2019

Arrow Season 7 Episode 17 Review

Well shit were the two words I thought as I ended this episode and dude are they true. I really enjoyed this episode and not only cause there were no flash forwards but I really liked seeing Emiko's backstory.

I was really shocked to find out that Emiko is actually the head of the Ninth Circle and not Dante after all which is crazy cause though I didn't trust Emiko's excuse to Oliver about being scared to leave Dante, I didn't think that she would be full-on evil! And that's what she is. Being the head of a criminal group and attempting to kill Oliver and destroying ARCHER could be things that could be redeemed but it was the final flashback scene which showed her having and knowing about the bombs Malcolm planted on the Queen's Gambit that really proved her badness cause what kind of person does that? Let's be honest Robert was the worst and we all know it especially after seeing him interact with Emiko in the flashbacks but Oliver was innocent and all those other people on the yacht and Emiko let them all die. I wonder if we'll get a scene at some point this season where she admits to Oliver what she did. I'm also still curious to know how she ended up in charge cause Dante taught her everything she knew and I also want to know what their ultimate goal is cause it sounds like they like to play with regime changes but I think it has more to do with owning and selling the best things cause why else would Emiko be interested in ARCHER?

Also can we take a moment to talk about why Emiko even knows anything about ARCHER? Like Felicity just built it and I'm pretty sure Oliver and Laurel are the only ones to know about it and we all know Laurel isn't gossiping with Emiko so it has to be Oliver. Like was he bragging about his wife to Emiko? They clearly aren't close enough to be eating together so it's not like Emiko is joining family dinners with Felicity and Oliver to hear about it. At least he didn't tell her about Felicity's pregnancy though if Emiko knew then everyone would probably know...

It was nice seeing Alena back tonight and it looks like she'll be joining Smoak Tech in the place of Curtis who left. We didn't get too much here other than the fact that Felicity is now trying to figure out a way to use ARCHER without having a DNA sample which I really don't know how that would be done unless she could hack into hospitals and get like birth records or something but it's not like hospitals carry everyone's DNA either and police files only carry criminal records so... I think we at least know that it works in the end though cause of the flash forwards and I think at least we know that Emiko and the Ninth Circle don't steal it either cause it's Felicity's until the future evil company steals it and maybe that future evil company is a Ninth Circle branch but until we're told that, I'm operating on the assumption that it's not.

I did really like the John/Oliver talks tonight cause if anyone understands having a sibling return only to be evil, it's Diggle. I almost completely forgot about Andy and how he was working for Damian Darkh in season 4 cause I do try to block out season 3 and 4 of Arrow but it served as a really good parallel. I loved that he was the first to suspect that maybe Emiko wasn't on their side after all and that he had that talk with Oliver about how he can't let family be his blindspot cause when Diggle did it with Andy, so many people died including Earth 1 Laurel.

Speaking of Laurel, I felt so bad for Earth 2 Laurel tonight and I really really hope that she doesn't end up joining Emiko and Dante this season cause she went through so much to become the good Laurel that she is now. It does super suck that only Felicity is the one who trusts who she is now and I hope that Felicity gets to talk to Laurel next week to remind her that she is in fact still a good person and that Felicity trusts her. Dinah was seriously out of line when she blamed Laurel for murdering that guy but it was a masterstroke of Emiko to release evidence of Laurel working with Diaz to ruin her though Laurel could always say that she was trying to be undercover and that it didn't work out in the end.

Haha looks like we will get a ton of Earth 2 Laurel next week but I refuse to believe Laurel switched sides until the end of next week's episode and even then it'll be iffy. I could see Laurel joining The Ninth Circle to spy on Emiko and Dante because if anyone knows not to bet against Team Arrow, it would be Laurel who lost to them while working with three separate villains (Adrian Chase, Cayden James and Diaz.)

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment