Tuesday, March 12, 2019

The Flash Season 5 Episode 16 Review

I really enjoyed this week's episode of the Flash though the ending was funny cause I feel like it was supposed to be a big surprise when in fact it was pretty obvious from the start what was happening!

Let's start with Joe and Cecile who were struggling to work together which though it was great to have Joe back (the show doesn't feel the same without him), this storyline feels like a retread. Haven't we already seen this storyline with these two over and over? Maybe not with powers but I feel like we've definitely dealt with Joe not knowing how to work with Cecile before. Either way it was very smart of Joe to decide to look at the doctor cause I've been wondering why they haven't before since she's so sketch. I still think she's a hypocrite for trying to be a doctor but also assisting in the murder of dozens but it did suck when she was killed in the end which I was actually shocked about.

Another smaller storyline dealt with Iris who was feeling sad now that we were so close to catching Cicada cause she was worried that once he was dealt with, Nora would go back to her own time and she would miss out on so much. I'm not entirely sure why Iris is so worried about this cause it's not like Nora has to leave right away. After they catch Cicada, Nora could stick around for a little longer and go through that list with Barry and Iris and all's well that ends well. At the very least though it led to a really great emotional scene between Nora and Iris in the break room. I still don't entirely understand why Nora picked this time period to come back to cause you would think that she would want to stop Barry from disappearing in 2024 in the crisis but I still like the idea that her appearance has sped up the timeline making the crisis move up to fall of 2019 so if she sticks around until then that'd make sense.

At the start of the season I wondered why Nora hated Iris so much and now it pretty much just seems like Nora's an asshole who saw her mom as a monster just cause she stuck around and it's very similar to Mia and William over on Arrow who see their parents as terrible people for trying to protect them and I wonder if there's some sort of connection between the two cause though there's no time travel over on Arrow, it seems interesting that both shows are playing with the future even if William and Mia are from 2040 and Nora's from 2049 or so we're supposed to think. I still don't know what Eobard's plan is and why he cares about Cicada at all but I'm assuming that by him talking about the future changing that it's a result of the crisis being moved up like 5 years.

I thought it was funny that Barry and co were confused about how to reach out to Cicada while I was sitting here like dudes his daughter/niece! He loves her! Use that! And eventually they did but first Barry had to fail cause I assume the episode would have ended too fast. Sidebar but I laughed at loud at how Barry revealed his identity to Cicada cause the boy has no problem with letting everyone know who he is which is hilarious cause why even hide it at this point? Do like Oliver and reveal yourself to the world. It seems now that Cicada is human again but he was kidnapped by Grace from the future as well I think. I do wonder if she traveled back with Nora or on her own or if this is some sort of manifestation of Grace's meta powers like maybe her powers have to do with creating things from her mind cause we saw this Grace!Cicada in Grace's mind. It was a little funny cause it was clearly a woman under that hood and I was living for how no one else noticed. I am curious to know how Cicada will react to Grace and whether now that he's human again if he'll be calmer or still filled with rage.

Sidebar I'm still waiting for the reveal that Nora is working with Eobard to come out but now I wonder if Grace!Cicada will be the villain for the rest of the season. Do you think Grace!Cicada kidnapped her younger self too or left her in the hospital cause the next step seems to be to cure Grace as Team Flash promised Cicada and if they do that, the problem will be solved again.

Oh hell yes! The promo for next week seems to imply that Nora will tell Barry everything about working with Eobard and I can't wait! I wonder if this means that Grace!Cicada is in fact from the future and that Nora accidentally led her here.

I'll see you all Friday for my weekly drama reviews!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment