Tuesday, March 5, 2019

The Flash Season 5 Episode 15 Review

I really wonder sometimes if the writers of the Flash ever really like Barry as a character or not cause it seems like they get a kick out of making Barry an asshole and it's only when he's in a crossover that he becomes a character I enjoy. The only reason I stick around and I've set this multiple times across multiple reviews is that I enjoy the supporting cast.

Despite what it sounded like, I actually did enjoy tonight's episode and that was mostly because of King Shark, a character that before today I would have laughed if you told me that I would suddenly be super invested in. I also don't know when we were supposed to know that King Shark was from Earth 2 but apparently that was a thing. I really liked the idea that his wife from another Earth was the reason that he was regaining much of his humanity and it was such a sad story! I was heartbroken when he chose saving Central City and returning to being a shark forever because it really did make him a hero and it was sad cause no one would know just how much he sacrificed to do it. I really did expect him to be fine in the end cause these shows sometimes amp up the stakes more than they end up being but I guess since he wasn't a main that his stakes stuck. I also really liked that when he was human he accepted his mistakes as King Shark and was like I deserve to be punished for them too unlike most villains who claim otherwise. I do hope we see him again cause I'm super down now.

We also got Gorilla Grodd back who I also forgot was on this Earth cause last I remembered he should have been in Gorilla City on Earth 2 but I think he came to Earth 1 to take over Central City in season 3 and must have been captured then. It was nice seeing Lyla cause I always love when she's around and I suppose that the whole Diggle/ARGUS thing we dealt with last night on Arrow might be a little too close for the Flash to use. I also loved the little dig she made at Barry and Flashpoint when she brought up her daughter turning into a son cause we will all never forget poor baby Sara who was a cutie.

Joe was finally back tonight and I assume that means everything went well with his surgery and recovery and we're all thrilled to have him back cause we missed him. I also still really miss Wally and the show keeps bringing him up again and again for no reason other than to make me sad! I did like that Iris's whole story this week was about being afraid to go back to her new office after the time loop and the fact that Cicada knew where it was cause that would have scared me too! I really liked how Felicity was fighting fear over on Arrow and I like that Iris dealt with it too though a part of me really expected Joe to bring Iris to a shooting range or something and I was going to be like um no cause if Felicity can't kill, Iris shouldn't either.

We also know that the meta cure works but I'm pretty sure there was only one dose made and it was used up on King Shark so Caitlin and Cisco are going to have to casually make a new one. This was where I was annoyed with Barry about being written poorly cause he did the one thing everyone agreed not to do and that was force the cure on someone which by the by I still don't entirely understand cause if we're not supposed to force the cure then what where they planning to do to Cicada or does a villain's right to choose not count? I do like the idea of bringing it to Cicada to offer for him to choose but I have a feeling that he'll turn it down cause his mission isn't over yet. I also wonder if all it would do is make him try to kidnap Caitlin and Cisco to make more cures and use them as weapons.

Weirdly there doesn't seem to be much Cicada in the promo for next week and I kind of do hope that we wrap up Cicada and bring Reverse Flash as the villain for the rest of the season cause I really haven't been into Cicada as a villain.

I'll see you all Friday for my weekly drama reviews!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment