Friday, March 8, 2019

What Dramas Am I Watching This Week?

So here's what I'm watching this week! Of course the list is split by country and episodes I've seen so far are written below! There will be spoilers from now on so if you aren't caught to the episode number on list, you might want to go watch that episode and then come back! If you're interested in previous lists, click here and if you want to see a list of my favorite asian OTPs and ships, click here!

KDRAMA


Romance Is A Bonus Book (12/16): Cha Eun Ho is a successful and handsome writer who is also the youngest chief editor at a publishing company. He has a calm demeanor and remains reasonable at work. He then becomes involved in the life of his childhood friend, Kang Dan Yi who was once a popular copywriter. She is now divorced, a single mother, unemployed and struggling in life though still attempts to find a job, but even with her once good career, she cannot. However, in a desperate attempt to find a job, she lies about her background and begins to work as a temporary worker in the same building under none other than Cha Eun Ho. As they become involved in each other’s life more than often, a love story begins to unfold.

It took a while but I'm finally finally warming up to Eun Ho and Dan Yi as a couple though I still don't know if I actually enjoy them or if their first date interactions were just barely cute enough for to like them or if I just want to spite the second leads cause I do have a thing for rubbing in cute relationships in the second leads' faces just a smidge. I do like that that much of Eun Ho and Dan Yi's interactions haven't truly changed cause a part of what I thought was cute at the start of this show was that the two acted like a couple before they even were one and in a cute way that feels like they've been together forever and other than a few things here and there, they're not nervous or weird around each other. I found the date super cute especially when they were writing confessions on each other's hands and even when Eun Ho asked Dan Yi out all subtly and they both freaked out in their rooms before taking forever to choose what to wear. I also kind of super forgot that Dan Yi had lied on her resume to be hired but I'm glad that it finally came out though I'm not sure why but I expected Ms Go to have a better response than she did because I thought Dan Yi vaguely explained her reasonings during their drunk gab session. I assume that she might be fired next week but she'll probably return as a marketing person by the end or maybe Eun Ho's call to that headhunter might find her a new job which might make Eun Ho and Dan Yi more relaxed about being in a relationship.
Touch Your Heart (10/16): Oh Yoon Seo is a popular actress. She is famous for her beautiful appearance, but her acting is bad. She gets involved in a scandal with the son from a chaebol family. Her acting career declines precipitously. Oh Yoon Seo hears that a famous screenwriter wants her to play the lead female role for a drama series. The character works as a secretary for a lawyer. To gain experience for the role, Oh Yoon Seo is required to work as a lawyer's secretary for a few months. Meanwhile, Kwon Jung Rok is an attorney for a law firm. He is arrogant and cold-hearted. One day, his boss asks Kwon Jung Rok to let actress Oh Yoon Seo work as his secretary for 6 months. He is not happy about the situation, but he has to accept.

After this week I think I've decided what it is about the romance between Yoon Seo and Jung Rok that I adore. I love that both Yoon Seo and Jung Rok are so open about their feelings and don't lie to each other and that they realize that sometimes secrets aren't about them. It's so sexy when a guy will tell you how he feels directly and not dance around it and Jung Rok is adorable cause he doesn't even know how sweet the way he is acting is and I love how much he takes all of Yoon Seo's suggestions into account no matter how nonsensical or silly they are. I adored when he basically told her that it was okay if she had a secret that she couldn't tell him cause it makes me hopeful that he won't be annoyed that she lied cause it drives me crazy in dramas when a main lead will get angry about something that has nothing to do with them. I'm also really glad Yoon Seo's stalker is back cause as much fun as I was having just watching Yoon Seo and Jung Rok be cute and live their every day life, the stalker is bringing some new energy to the show and I can't wait to see what he does. I also still love all the side characters and I'm hardcore rooting for their romances as well. I was hoping a bit that Lawyer Dan wouldn't be the first to fall for Lawyer Choi cause girl deserves to have someone chase her for a change and I kind of hope that this doesn't end as a joke like all her other romances!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment