Friday, April 20, 2018

Agents of SHIELD Season 5 Episode 18 Review

I loved tonight's episode of SHIELD and I have so many feelings about it! Let's jump right in!

Let's start with the stuff in the Lighthouse with Coulson, Mack and Deke. I was hardcore cringing every time Deke spoke like all the second hand embarrassment. Like Deke babe you the opposite of subtle. He's gone from kind of suave to a massive dork and I love it. Also if he's going to be asking for love advice from anyone, shouldn't it be his grandparents aka the only couple on the team who's married? The joke about lemons was hilarious though and I loved how not only did Mack and Coulson convince him that was a good idea, the look they shared when he walked into the room with one was everything. I'd give anything for that deleted scene of Daisy just finding a lemon in her bed and being like wtf.

Someone who was having less fun was poor Talbot who was working under the HYDRA brainwashing to kidnap Robin. I assume that not only did she see him coming but she must have known that she would be saved and that he wouldn't kill her mom cause no matter how disconnected she is from time, there's no way she'd let her mom be killed in front of her while she watched without trying to stop it. I am seeing what May said that Coulson was doing tonight when he tried to stop Talbot from killing himself and aiming the gun towards him instead. Luckily Mack was on hand with an ICER otherwise Coulson might have been shot. I still can't decide if the show will kill off Coulson cause it might be too much of a shakeup if we get a season 6.

Meanwhile over with Fitzsimmons and Ruby and Werner, I loved how everyone pretty much ships the two. I mean Ruby literally said it and Werner was like I see those wedding rings. On the other hand, Fitzsimmons' disgusted faces when Ruby and Werner kissed was everything. I was surprised that neither Fitz or Simmons were able to come up with a plan other than stalling because honestly if there was any time for The Doctor to come to play, it would have been now! I also kind of expected them to maybe be like kill us and we stop you but I didn't think that they would place each other above everything which was sweet but a little foolish.

I love the idea that Hall and Franklin have pretty much ruined the Gravitonium. Anyone who touches it becomes filled with their fighting craziness which not only seriously sucks for anyone touching it but it ruins the ability of anyone to use it unless they can ignore the side effects. I would have thought that maybe they're what make Daisy destroy the world but after Ruby was killed by YoYo, I think maybe something else happened and somehow by killing the vessel Gravitonium was in, it was released into the world as Graviton and had all three of their minds. This would make sense cause the show keeps flashing to that picture Robin drew of a person with like five or six people inside it. I'm going to assume that Coulson is probs going to be one of those absorbing it and that when future YoYo talked about saving Coulson, it was saving him from the Gravitonium.

When Ruby killed Werner I actually gasped out loud. It was really sad but I liked her mom trying to talk her down though I did think that Daisy was being a little too soft when she didn't want to kill Ruby and yelled at YoYo for it. It's kind of Ruby's fault in the first place for refusing to listen to anyone or anything about the Gravitonium being bad and then trying to blame everyone else about it. And really what could be done to fix it once it happened anyway? I'm also not thrilled that Hale decided with Ruby dead, the world may burn cause again it's Ruby's fault in the first place. Killing YoYo maybe I'd get but all of SHIELD not so much.

Next week we'll be seeing whatever those aliens that HYDRA was talking to are and whether they're badass cause they'll be attacking the Lighthouse to get the Gravitonium. I'm curious as to why they would want it in the first place and who they are. Next week's episode falls at the same time Infinity War is released so I'm also curious if anything that happens in the movie will affect SHIELD though it might not show up until the week after that since Infinity War was originally pushed up. (Can you believe it's so close??)

That's all for now! I'll see you all Monday night for my Supergirl review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment