Monday, April 9, 2018

The Flash Season 4 Episode 17 Review

Tonight's episode of the Flash was a mixed bag. There was some stuff I was really into and the ending was epic but most of the rest of the stuff in the episode was so boring I'm sad to say.

Let's start with the Cisco, Caitlin and Breacher stuff. I loved that he returned this week though I expected Gypsy as well but what we got was fun. It's always funny to see Breacher hate Cisco. I guess we're also supposed to think that Cisco and Gypsy are still hanging out off screen but for some reason I was really expecting them to break up or for Cisco to talk about them breaking up especially when Cisco mentioned how he hadn't seen Gypsy in a while. I still low key ship Cisco and Caitlin so maybe that's why I've never been huge on Cisco and Gypsy. I don't really understand why they can be together but Jesse and Wally cannot when both couples have the exact same problems of distance between them.

I was wondering what the whole point of Breacher retiring was but the fact that it led to Breacher asking Cisco to join the team with Gypsy was great. It would make sense for Cisco to leave cause right now he is pretty pointless on Team Flash cause Iris seems to run comms now and Harry can do all the tech-y stuff. Honestly for a lot of this season Cisco and Caitlin have had nothing to do and it's a struggle cause I can't decide if the problem is with there being too many members of Team Flash or if it's cause the writers are terrible and can't write for more than one or two people an episode. Someone should really call up the Legends writers to learn how to balance multiple characters.

Anyway high key want Cisco to join Gypsy but I also don't want him to leave the show. It would be so much fun if he did but if we could check in with him every few episodes like the justice league cartoons did in juggling multiple storylines. Or better yet do A and B storylines like they do but instead have the B plot be a totally different story. I've been begging the show to do this with Iris cause like you all know by now I want her to have a real storyline and what I wouldn't give for her to get a Lois Lane storyline where she's investigating something all season that leads to an answer that the Flash was looking for. iZombie did this type of story really well season 1 and I always harken back to it as one of the best stories given to the romantic love interest.

Ralph is exhausting. I'll never not be bitter over how so many characters were written over to service Ralph but as the season progressed he grew on me. Tonight though I was totally on board with Barry and I get where Ralph was coming from in the end and how Iris thought that Barry was running over Ralph's ideas but I cannot stand when someone jokes around while I'm trying to get something done even if the person is joking cause they're worried or scared. Also I love how Barry was like let Ralph think outside the box to fix the problem in the end and I'm like he didn't even do anything all that strange or new. Like that was my first thought for Ralph to cuff her and then catch Barry. Duh. Also the show keeps trying to give Barry reasons to leave everyone else behind and they need to get better cause they've been getting dumber and dumber. Caitlin and Cisco can't help cause they're busy with Breacher who left already?

My favorite part of the episode was the stuff with DeVoe and his wife who I feel so so bad for. I loved that she was able to figure out what is happening to her and how DeVoe is drugging her into being compliant and how she apparently has done this over and over but it seems like the time in between is getting shorter and shorter. I can't wait until she kicks DeVoe's ass cause I need her to. I really do wonder what their big plan is cause like DeVoe said it's her humanity that could ruin everything and I'm like so why did she agree to this in the first place and did you change the plan halfway through when you went insane? My blood boiled when he said that line about how she is nothing without him. Dude you're nothing without her otherwise you wouldn't be drugging her to keep her by your side.

The final scene with Harry and Gideon was also interesting and I'm left wondering if Harry is pretending to be Eobard in Harrison Wells' body or if somehow Eobard is back or if maybe the helmet causes Harry to become Eobard. It just seems silly to me that Harry would pretend to be Eobard in front of a computer who probs doesn't care anyway.

Next week's episode looks really good and I cannot wait! They're fighting DeVoe already and it looks like everyone is going to be injured! I wonder if the last bus meta will be found next week or if they'll hope to skip ahead and just stop DeVoe.

Don't forget to tune into my Arrow review Thursday night!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment