Tuesday, April 24, 2018

The Flash Season 4 Episode 19 Review

Tonight's episode of the Flash was a bit boring but there were parts that I really enjoyed as well. Shall we?

So last week I totally forgot about Earth X Leo Snart when I was trying to figure out who the Snart in the previews was probably because more than anything I miss our Earth 1 Snart so I'm always hoping to have him pop in. Earth X Snart did feel pretty similar to our Snart this week though so it's not all bad news. I loved that he showed up and comforted everyone like he did on Legends though I would have given anything for him to make a Ralph puppet just to see everyone's reactions. I'm not entirely sure why the team needed him for his out of the box thinking cause to me it seemed like a normal plan that the team would come up with. He actually ended up hindering the plan a bit more by having Siren X follow him.

Speaking of, we got another Laurel Lance doppelganger and I hardcore rolled my eyes the moment she popped up on screen. Like I get it, Katie Cassidy is available so why not have her pop in and out as recurring villains but it would have been much more fun if we were able to get a different actor to play a character. I enjoyed what we got from Siren X but I think the impact was dulled a little cause we do see so much of her on Arrow so it's like why bother bringing her around here. It would have been better if we got an Earth X Killer Frost or Reverb or Flash (cause like where even was Earth X Barry?) especially since that would have made a bigger impact than another Laurel. It was fun though to see new powers from Siren X with her ability to hear things from a distance and being able to keep a breech open.

As you may know Caitlin is one of my favorites on this show and I'm also disappointed that she doesn't get more to do so I really enjoyed that the show focused on her losing Killer Frost cause I was afraid they would just ignore it in favor of Ralph's death. I loved that she was able to talk through her feelings about losing Killer Frost with Snart who was able to comfort her without making her feel silly for missing an alter ego. I am also glad that she came to the conclusion at the end that though she doesn't need Killer Frost, she wants her around and is going to try to find out how to bring her out again. By the by this makes no sense cause like how did Caitlin study her genes and find KF? Honestly the whole KF thing never made any sense so why bother? I'm assuming that since Melting Point somehow removed Caitlin's meta genes from her DNA that another shot of dark matter won't wake them.

The stuff was Barry was a little annoying this week cause he was being a giant baby and refusing to acknowledge his feelings and guilt about losing Ralph. It took up way too much of the episode to get to where we all saw it was going and for the love of everything could we PLEASE get rid of that awful therapist? It was funny the first time and now it's just dumb and not needed. Everyone on Team Flash already acts like a therapist for Barry and Iris, do we really need a new one? Also was anyone else getting a weird vibe from Iris tonight? Trouble in the marriage? Though maybe I'm just seeing the struggle with Marlize and sort of projecting it to Iris but at the same time if it was true, it would make an interesting parallel.

Speaking of Marlize, I am more and more disgusted by her situation and it's giving me anxiety. I HATE abusive relationships, emotional or physical and it always makes me feel way too much for the victim. I really hope she's able to get away from DeVoe soon. He did make a fatal flaw in not dosing her tea at the start of the episode and that may end up being his downfall. It seems as though with DeVoe's mind reaching the height of intelligence, it affected his emotions cause he no longer seems to feel any. Poor Marlize is there hoping that her husband has returned to her but instead she finds that she's lost him forever with how he keeps going on and on about how she should stop thinking and follow his lead and stop trying to be romantic. Ugh.

Sidebar we STILL have not gotten to know what The Thinker's endgame is.

On the other hand I did get it right and Harry is losing his intelligence albeit slower than I expected. I loved that Cisco was the one to find out first (cause they are the closest) and that he was the one to convince Harry that he is more than just his intelligence. I do think that maybe Cisco should have let Harry go to Earth 2 cause this does seem like a time when he should be with his daughter and though I'm sure that the team will science science and fix his brain in the end, Harry probably won't be able to help too much so it would have been best to let him be with his daughter while Team Flash fixes the problem. Do we know if memories will be affected at all? The brain as much as Flash tries to make into one thing is very complex and by cutting off the neurons from firing may affect other parts of the brain.

Okay so it looks like maybe we'll finally figure out what DeVoe's evil plan is and here's hoping. I'm also hoping that we'll get to find out what the original plan was before DeVoe lost it cause it seems like whatever the plan is now, Marlize isn't exactly down. I hope that she won't be killed but I have a feeling she might die now that she's no longer useful and seems to be questioning him. I can't wait!

I'll see you all Thursday night for my Arrow review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment