Thursday, April 5, 2018

Arrow Season 6 Episode 17 Review

Where to even begin with tonight's episode of Arrow. I am so emotionally exhausted by everything that's happening in this season that I don't even know where to begin.

I've hated this team split thing since it happened and I kept wondering where the show would take it but now the show has broken up John Diggle and Oliver Queen for literally the dumbest reason ever and I cannot even anymore. Diggle stuck around after League of Assassins Oliver put his daughter in danger but a few bad calls now and again this season is it? That's a line too far? Jesus. I am glad that the fight between Oliver and Diggle wasn't actually based on Diggle wanting to be the Green Arrow and that there was more underneath but honestly the reason why was so paper thin it just felt like the show was trying to split up the remaining team and they didn't really know how. I guess all that's left now is for Oliver to snap at Felicity and get her to back away from the team for a minute.

It's all completely ridiculous but I guess if there's one shred of silver lining in this cloud it's that Diggle didn't turn to the newbies and went to ARGUS instead. I always love when Lyla pops up on the show and I kind of love the idea of Diggle and Lyla doing ARGUS missions together like the Suicide Squad episodes we had a few seasons ago. I'm also glad that Diggle and Oliver didn't leave on bad terms and that leads me to hope that he'll come back if needed.

Speaking of, I'm so utterly confused about this mess cause how on Earth is this season going to end. Are we going to go forward with three different teams: Oliver and Felicity, ARGUS and the newbies? It just seems kind of crazy to think that all the teams will combine in the end cause I really don't know how we're going to get that. Both the newbies and Diggle just don't want to be led by Oliver and with Oliver not only being the main character on this show but also refusing to put down the hood, I don't see how a reconciliation can occur unless Oliver gets down on his knees and begs which leaves such a sour taste in my mouth.

What must Oliver do to be a good leader? He's a bad leader when he is the Green Arrow alone. He's a bad leader when he finally trusts everyone on the team. He's a bad leader when he's betrayed and confronts it. He's a bad leader for trying to have a life outside of the hood. He's a bad leader when anyone on his team has any sort of struggle. Why does everyone put everything on him? And what is the show trying to say about this? Oliver is the main character but all this show has done is shit all over him.

Oh and there's some stuff going on with the newbies. They capture Anatoli with the help of like six cops and then Diaz tries to kill them and then Hill fires them all. Woo. Also Curtis's new boyfriend cop seems to still be good and is okay with Curtis being Mr Terrific so yay?

The sad thing is that I feel like I would really like this season if not for the team split thing cause I actually super enjoy Diaz and his evil plan is super solid. He's bought or threatened pretty much everyone in the city and Oliver had no idea. I love that he's using Oliver's trial as the Green Arrow as a petty reason why Oliver fired Hill and the DA to prevent the public from finding out they were dirty. I love his weird chemistry with Black Siren and I kind of love them being all evil together. I want to see more of this please and much much less of the 'Oliver is shit' train.

Ha the promo for next week shows Felicity saying she wants some space and tbh I'm 90% sure she doesn't mean that she wants to leave Oliver or Team Arrow but if it does mean that she's leaving too, I will literally throw something. I have had it with this bull and I cannot stomach anymore. I can't wait to see more of Diaz and his evil plan. I heard that Oliver will be dosed with something so that might be fun to see too.

I'll see you all tomorrow night for my Agents of SHIELD review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment