Monday, April 30, 2018

Supergirl Season 3 Episode 16 Review

Tonight's episode of Supergirl was great and it might be 60% percent because the Legion finally returned!

Let's start with the stuff I didn't like. I cannot with Sam/Reign anymore and I'm sorry but we had 16 episodes for me to like her or hate her but honestly I'm indifferent. I like the idea of the World Killers and they're super badass and I love how they're stronger together but for the life of me I cannot help but want to fast forward every scene tonight about Sam and Lena. We all knew that Lena would find a cure cause duh so it was just a lot of nothing. The whole parallel world thing is weird and it makes me wonder how the World Killers actually work cause I thought they were like Killer Frost in that they're another personality but being able to talk to each other makes me think otherwise as if they're jumping into other bodies. They're basically invincible and it really makes me wonder how Supergirl and our crew will stop them.

Sidebar, I adored how Grace aka Pestilence was evil as a human too cause sometimes Kara's idealism drives me a little crazy and not everyone is good no matter how you look at it. I loved that she was like I got these powers and now I'm a god cause a lot of people would see it that way. But take this with a grain of salt cause a lot of this is my bias towards being on Imra's side of the argument with Kara...

Now onto Winn. Did anyone else have a weird feeling after tonight that Winn might leave the show cause I did. That whole speech Winn gave to James felt odd cause we all knew that Winn wasn't going to die which is why it confused me a bit. The only thing I can think of is that maybe it means that Winn will leave the show after this season to find a bigger adventure. Maybe he'll even go with the Legion to the future which I would love but also it would suck cause I do love Winn and I want him around. Tbh my ideal scenario would be if we could all just move to the future or give us a Legion show cause I adore them. Also by the by, James is so utterly useless and if anyone needs to leave, it's him.

Like I said earlier, Brainiac 5 and Imra were back tonight and I'm still in love with Brainy. He made himself an image inducer so we don't have to see his beyond awful makeup job and I loved it. Ugh give me all the Jesse Rath tbh. Also sidebar if he wants to stick around and be Kara's love interest, I'm still down. I love how awkward he is about stuff that he doesn't know about like when Winn was joking or Kara was talking about social media.

It wasn't all fun and games for the Legion though and like we learned previously, Pestilence becomes the Blight and it turns out that Imra and Brainy decided to come back to kill Pestilence before she becomes the Blight so they can save everyone in the future. Kara and Mon El were both against this but honestly I think they were right. One life to save millions is worth it in my mind. It's interesting how almost every superhero show I'm watching is dealing with this idea right now and I understand the idealism that those against this feel but for me the many outweigh the few especially when the few are not good. I think it'd be a harder decision if the person you had to kill was someone you love but the World Killers are not those. It also adds to the problem when you know that clearly whatever your original plan was does not work if someone from the future tells you it doesn't work.

In the same vein, I'm not sure why Kara is being so hesitant cause it's not like she imprisons her Big Bads either. Like technically she doesn't kill them herself but last season she wasn't putting up a big fight when Lena and Winn came up with lead gas to kill the Daxamites.

Meanwhile Mon El and Imra are almost 80% done relationship wise. It must be hard for Imra seeing Mon El falling back in love with Kara but it's very clear especially after tonight. He took Kara's side over and over and in that final DEO scene, he couldn't tear his eyes away from her for a second. I honestly kept waiting for Imra to say that the reason the Blight is so personal to her was because Lightening Lad aka her soulmate was killed by it. I forever will not understand why the show tossed him aside but with his appearance/return, Imra at least would have a bit of a silver lining to her situation when Mon El chooses Kara. It does make more sense thematically for Imra to have lost her sister like Kara almost did tonight but still.

Next week looks like fun and Supergirl seems to be ramping up towards it's finale. We are like 7 episodes out from the finale which does sort of lower the bar as to what can happen next week cause we know that Kara can't beat the World Killers yet but also they can't really hurt her either. I do love the idea that they're attempting to block out the sun to weaken Kara but seriously I need an explanation on what the World Killers are cause though none of the Kryptonian weaknesses affect them, they have to have some sort of weakness that Kara and co can focus on.

Flash tomorrow night!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment