Monday, April 16, 2018

The Flash Season 4 Episode 18 Review

What a crazy episode! I really didn't expect the ending to happen the way it did!

Let's start with the elephant in the room! Ralph is dead and DeVoe is now in his body and I'm assuming since he transformed back into DeVoe, we won't be seeing Ralph's body anymore. It was so strange cause I didn't like Ralph at the beginning of the season and I still don't know if I liked him but I do know that I was sad when he died and I was emotional during his speech to Barry about how Team Flash is his only family now and that DeVoe couldn't have them cause they're his. I was wondering if maybe there would be a way to bring him back after he died but based on the final scene of Barry cleaning up Ralph's office, I think that was meant to be a permanent goodbye. It's interesting that DeVoe saved Ralph for last cause it will be fun to see if it'll be harder for Team Flash to fight him in Ralph's body cause I mean look at how much Arrow is struggling with Black Siren who looks like their Laurel.

I kept waiting for Marlize to snap out of her trance during the fight with Iris. I'm not entirely sure why but I thought it might be a good blow to DeVoe if she was able to realize her feelings had gone away while she was away from him so that she'd have long enough to run cause all I want is for to get the hell away from her abusive ass husband by the end of the season. Also DeVoe seriously Marlize isn't falling out of love with you cause you look different, it's cause you're losing your humanity! Now that we've seen what the Thinking Cap did to Harry, I'm wondering if maybe something similar happened to DeVoe because of the Dark Matter cause we know he started out good but somewhere along the way he lost his path. I'm still waiting to find out what the Thinker's big evil plan is cause it's like episode 18 and we still have no clue.

So last week we were all confused about why Harry was with Gideon and why he acted like Eobard but it turns out that he was somehow just using Gideon to pump dark matter into the Thinking Cap for him. I'm not sure how I feel about this cause where is Gideon getting this from?? I liked the idea that he was getting addicted to the Thinking Cap and that Joe was the one to read the signs first cause he's had the experience and my heart broke when he grabbed the Thinking Cap in the end over the tools he needed. Also no lie but I was drinking a cup of tea and I actually gasped out loud and spilt the tea all over myself when Harry smashed the little plane Cisco was building. Poor baby. It looks like maybe whatever the explosion was that knocked Harry out may or may not have actually done the opposite and sucked out his intelligence rather than give him some. Don't ask me how that works. This is the show with time remnants and inconsistent time travel.

I'm also really sad that Caitlin lost her meta powers and I'm really hoping she gets them back by the end of the season. The episode started so sweetly with her telling Iris that she and Frost are sending notes back and forth to each other to keep them updated on what's been going on. I loved that they were becoming friends and I know that Caitlin originally didn't want to have these powers but I feel like now that she's no longer worried about hurting her friends or turning evil, she shouldn't fear them and should want them back. With how often they get hurt, meta powers are super helpful. I wonder where the powers went though cause the way Melting Pot's powers work is that they take meta powers from one and transfer it to another. I know DeVoe touched Marlize and maybe Harry so?

Um next week's promo is super confusing cause it looks like Captain Cold is back and he's working with the team to stop a meta. I assume that this will be another case of let's grab Leonard from Legends Season 1 like it was last season? It's interesting that they will be focusing on a random meta next week instead of DeVoe. I'm excited though cause I love any time Captain Cold is around though I'm sad he popped up just when Caitlin lost her Frost powers.

New Arrow review Thursday night! I'll see you all then!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment