Friday, April 27, 2018

Agents of SHIELD Season 5 Episode 19 Review

Who doesn't love alien invasions?? Tonight's episode was all about them and fights within the team!

So one of my favorite things this episode did was put the spotlight on some of the random side SHIELD members and it was hilarious. When Kim asked Davis if everything was like this all the time and Davis was like the crazy plan yeah but the fighting is new, I died of laughter. I expected this to be a one-off but then Davis and Piper were talking about how Davis got a huge scar from something and she was like well why didn't you tell anyone and Davis was like dude none of the higher ups in SHIELD would care and I died of laughter all over again. I didn't know how much I needed this before. It reminded me a little of that season 1 episode where we saw the same ten minutes repeated over and over with different characters when they were on the train. I kind of would love an episode from the random SHIELD guy's POV or just a short!

There wasn't much Daisy this episode cause she went off to take Robin to a safe place and then went dark to go meet up with Mack's friend the Candyman to find a cure for Coulson. I wasn't a huge fan of the fight they had at the beginning of the episode where Daisy blamed Fitz and YoYo for everything and YoYo blamed Daisy for being too soft and Jemma and Fitz tried to defend themselves. It was a mess and everyone shares a little bit of the blame. Now that we know who the actual Destroyer of Worlds is tonight, I hope a lot of this anger will fade away cause it makes me sad to see my babies fighting. The worst part of Fitz embracing his evil side was that it broke up my bus kids (Fitz, Jemma and Daisy.) Anyway we did get Daisy receiving some of the Centipede serum that turned Deathlok crazy season 1 and information on how Garrett lived in season 1 which was apparently some of Jiaying's inhuman power aka when Whitehall experimented on her. We saw Daisy digging up Jiaying's grave at the end of the episode and though I find that sketchy to try to steal her power, it would be a good way to save Coulson.

Back in the Lighthouse, we found out that the aliens that are attacking are the Maruaders and that they want the Gravitonium. According to Deke, the original timeline shows that they looted the Earth and then left when they got bored. Since that didn't happen tonight, it makes me wonder if perhaps the loop has been broken already and that maybe originally it was Daisy who was the Destroyer but now it's Talbot. Hardcore Talbot was terrifying when he walked into the control room and crushed the aliens. Gravitonium's power is so scary and so powerful. It's probably a terrible idea for Talbot to have it because his brain has already been messed around with after the brain damage from the gunshot and then the HYDRA programming but maybe that's exactly what's needed to separate Hall and Quinn's voices from his own. It would be a fun twist tbh and honestly of all the characters I thought that would be the Destroyer, Talbot was never even on my list!

Jemma also didn't get to do much tonight cause she spent a lot of it ICEd by Talbot. She really shouldn't have been left alone with him and she really shouldn't have turned her back on him. Luckily he didn't shoot her for real. Coulson and May had some funny moments tonight too. I loved when they bickered like the married couple they are about how Coulson jumped the gun on nuclear attack and didn't wait for the alien invasion option to pop up on the Lighthouse menu. His announcement about what just happened right after was even better and I couldn't stop laughing at how nonchalant he was. He also almost told May he loved her too tonight but she cut him off cause he has the worst timing.

Mack is apparently pissed at YoYo for what she did last week and honestly I'm sick of Mack being all high and mighty all the time. You're a freaking secret agent and you're supposed to be able to make the tough calls but every time anyone tries to do what's right for the better good, Mack throws a fit and seriously he needs to chill. His lines about not wanting to worry about what happens next are ridiculous cause it's like he's seen how terrible the future is and maybe the only reason it keeps happening is that SHIELD doesn't make the tough calls. I also will never not be annoyed that future YoYo decided instead of saying anything about what they should actually avoid or do to change things only said let Coulson die as if that's not vague and unhelpful. Poor Coulson's face when YoYo said that broke my heart a little.

Anytime there's grumpy Fitz and cinnamon roll Deke on screen together, I live. I love how worried Deke is whenever Fitz and Simmons are not near each other and it keeps making me wonder if the whole team knows who Deke is cause no one seems to think anything of his panic which means it must have happened off screen and I'm heartbroken we never got to see that comedy gold. Deke did get to help a bunch tonight with being able to turn the elevator back on and showed off his intelligence with multiverse theory. The best moment though was when Deke was like during worry gramps I'll keep the Gravitonium safe and then Fitz took a step forward and a deep breath and we were all expecting him to say something like be careful or I don't actually hate you but instead Fitz tells him never to call him gramps and I died all over again. For a pretty dark episode, the amount of times I laughed was great.

Next week we get Talbot trying to be a hero and protect the Earth. I'm assuming at some point we'll see him snap cause how can he not? I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop to be honest with all that. I also wonder if we'll get an Infinity War tie in cause originally Infinity War was supposed to air next week or if it'll be the week after or if the throwaway line from Candyman to Daisy was it. He said something about whether she saw what was happening in New York and Daisy told him that she doesn't watch the news (which seriously if this is the tie in, that's completely ridiculous and lame cause what secret government agent doesn't pay attention to the news or what's happening around the world.)

I'll see you all Monday for my Supergirl review!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment