Friday, May 4, 2018

Agents of SHIELD Season 5 Episode 20 Review

Ugh guys I hate it when my family fights! And fighting amongst themselves is all our SHIELD team has been doing and it's so hard to watch cause I love everyone and I don't want to pick sides!!

Talbot has officially lost his mind and it was horrifying and so anxiety filling the whole time cause it was pretty obvious that he was slowly losing his mind. We were all in a slow ticking time bomb waiting for the moment that Talbot snapped and snap he did. I actually gasped out loud when Hale was killed (though I saw it coming) and I almost screamed when Papa Kasius appeared out of the dark. It totally fits in line with Talbot to have gone mad since though we all love Talbot, we all know that he's not the most perfect character and the Gravitonium seems to have emphasized all his worst traits and paranoia. It is a little odd that he was so quick to turn on Coulson and believed aliens that he never met before but they did flatter him and Talbot has never been truly immune to that before.

Who else called it that the big threat coming for the Earth was Thanos after all?? I'm excited that the tie in to Infinity War was much larger than the throwaway line from last week and I'm curious if next week's episode will show the aftermath or the rest of the season will take place around the same time as Infinity War thus allowing any changes the film universe to be placed on the back-burner until next season if we get one.

It was also pretty shocking that Daisy's powers seemed to have no affect on Talbot and that he flung her around like a doll. Papa Kasius has Daisy now and I'm curious about how this season is going to end cause it really does look like everything sucks for our crew and that their enemies are so much more powerful. Everyone remaining though badass in their own ways are only human and the only inhuman who could have stood a chance doesn't seem to be able to affect Talbot.

Back in the base, we had a really dumb argument between YoYo and Daisy in which YoYo was acting kind of childish. Yes Daisy did go rogue and do the same thing YoYo is being attacked for but at the same time, I don't think the outcome would have been totally different if she was in the base at the same time. Who knows if her powers would work on them or not. I did love Daisy's scene with Deke cause it killed me. I love how he just popped in and was like what's in the bag and then she was like some weirdo has been putting lemons on my bed and he blamed Fitz like a champ (which though hilarious probably would have fit season 1 or even season 2 Fitz better than battle worn season 5.) I loved that Deke held back from telling her his feelings when he realized that she still loved Lincoln (which awww) and instead told her about being Fitzsimmons' grandkid which I guess confirms that they didn't tell everyone off screen so only Fitzsimmons, YoYo and now Daisy know.

Speaking of Fitz, he and Mack got into a fight today too though I feel like Mack mostly took out his anger about YoYo on him. I'm way over Mack's holier-than-you attitude of recent. SHIELD is literally a spy agency that worked in the shadows for decades and decades. What the hell did Mack think that meant? And what a damn low blow when he told Fitz that of course he would believe that sometimes hurting the few to save the many works. I'm totally on Fitz's side in that the world is not black and white and Mack needs to see that. I'm not saying that everything Fitz and Simmons and YoYo did was right but they meant well. I do think Mack calling out Fitz to look at himself will actually cause him to do so and maybe we'll get the Fitz from before to come back out a little more.

Also if we're talking morals and black and white standards, Daisy commanding Jemma to experiment on her dead mom isn't all that great either. What do you have to say about that Mack?? What Jemma's doing isn't any different than Whitehall and I'm not thrilled with the parallel. When even Fitz who has the Doctor inside him looks a bit squeamish, you know things are off.

Next week is the penultimate episode and I'm surprised cause I didn't know that we were so close to the end! I can't wait to see how our team is able to break the time loop and save the world (cause duh of course they are.) I also hope we get more Infinity War tie ins.

I'll see you all Monday for my Supergirl review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment