Monday, May 7, 2018

Supergirl Season 3 Episode 17 Review

I'm not entirely sure how I felt about this episode. There were lots of fun things, some that I didn't understand and the appearance of my least favorite Kara aka the holier than thou one.

Like I said my least favorite Kara is the one who believes that she's right and everyone else is wrong. For almost two seasons Kara has been going on and on about how Lena is a good person but one mistake and suddenly Kara's no longer in Lena's corner. Now Lena has never been my favorite character and honestly if she left the show it wouldn't be any big deal but this situation is just unfair.  I always love (that's sarcasm if you can't feel it) how Kara is so against lies but then she goes around telling the biggest lie. Lena still doesn't know that she is Supergirl and it's hypocritical of Kara to be like well I haven't told you yet cause you're a Luthor. This coming from the girl who got all sorts of fake evidence over the last two years that Lena was doing sketchy things but continued to support her.

Honestly I was a bit disappointed in pretty much everyone in the DEO to be honest with their handling of the Lena situation but I get where they're coming from cause if Lena had turned to them, Reign would be securely held and Lena could have experimented on her there with Alex and Winn and Brainy. I did like that James decided not to break into the vault because he trusts Lena and honestly Kara put him in a real shitty situation in the first place. Although sidebar I laughed out loud when James literally outed Kara's shenanigans to Lena at the end. I do think that though Lena had good intentions so far, I feel like this moment in which Supergirl distrusted her is going to lay the seeds of distrust and bring out Lena's Luthor instincts which I'm pumped for.

The main plot of this episode had to do with Kara, Lena and Alex going into that weird parallel universe valley world to get Sam to wake up and tell them where she was. As much fun as this was, I still think it's hilarious how science works in this world. Like Brainy literally was just able to create a way to get to this world that he's never visited or doesn't know anything about? Sounds about right to me. Still anytime Brainy is on screen, I'm happy. I loved him being like give me fifteen minutes and I'm your man. His interactions with Winn never cease to amuse me either. When he was like this is the bathroom and Winn's shocked, I snickered. I was a little annoyed that Lena took the helm of the ship during the fight cause I get it this is Supergirl's show and all the ladies are badass but there's literally no way that Lena would have been able to run the Legion ship with it's future tech right away. Please stop pushing Brainy to the side, he's amazing.

Mon El and his love for Kara progressed tonight as well. I mean is it not obvious to pretty much everyone watching that he's going to stay here and choose Kara? The only hesitation I can see is probably going to be from Kara. I do like that the show wrote the love triangle without making Imra the bad guy. If Imra had turned evil or bitchy or whatever and Mon El chose Kara, it wouldn't have been because he loved Kara more, it would have been sort of by default and I hate that in a storyline like this. It's more impactful if the only thing that makes Mon El stay is that his love for Kara is stronger. I love the Legion and I'm just sad that we didn't get enough of them this season though I understand that it's Kara's show so we couldn't give them too much screen time.

We were able to defeat Purity and Pestilence by the end and though Imra and Mon El seem to think that they stopped the Blight, I have a feeling based on the animation that the powers of Purity and Pestilence didn't die with them but went into Reign which would make her even more badass. It's too bad they don't have a way to check the future now cause it would hardcore suck if the Legion left thinking everything will be fine only to find out that nothing changed. Also what was with that question of can we even go back to the future? Can't they just climb back into their stasis pods and sleep until the 31st century like they did before? Or was that part of the lie Imra and Brainy told Mon El?

Ahh based on the promo for next week, I was right about Reign absorbing the powers of Purity and Pestilence and luckily the Legion figure that out before they leave. Reign is hunting for Ruby but I'm sure that Supergirl and co will stop her.

Don't forget to also tune into my Flash review tomorrow night!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment