Thursday, May 10, 2018

Arrow Season 6 Episode 22 Review

This was an okay episode of Arrow though it wasn't as good as last week's. We got a lot of great fights and where we ended was strange but I'm down. My only struggle is that this doesn't feel like a great penultimate episode cause nothing really happened tonight that wasn't there before. Any plans that were made on Team Arrow's side fell through and at the same time, no one got hurt even though I was expecting it.

So the episode opened with everyone except Dinah being all cute with their families before it all went to hell. Oliver, Felicity and William were having dinner, Zoey and Rene were watching hockey, John and Lyla were about to go to date night and Curtis and Nick were flirting in Helix Dynamics. I loved this opening cause I love when Arrow leaves room to breathe and gives us a few minutes with our team and their lives outside of the hero world. Unlike Flash and Supergirl, it's rare to see this so I'm always happy when the show gives us this no matter how much others complain. It was a little sad to see how different Dinah's off time was compared to the others cause she doesn't have anyone since Vincent died.

Also sidebar, I still don't entirely understand why Diaz was so pissed about someone tipping the crew about an incoming attack. Like Anatoly texted Oliver like a few seconds before Diaz's men jumped in so that wasn't much of a warning.

Speaking of Diaz, he seems to have basically lost it tonight. He was on the edge ever since Oliver was acquitted and it seems like he's falling apart by killing Quadrant members left and right. Also how in the hell is the city not like wow look our former mayor's apartment just got shot up, some shit is going down. It also doesn't help that Diaz is straight up working out of the police precinct at the moment like dude aren't you supposed to be working in the shadows or something? How does the whole city not know who you are already? I did enjoy seeing Anatoly play him like a fiddle tonight. It's actually pretty easy to once you know how Diaz works. Honestly it's just nice seeing Anatoly back on our side.

I'm still not really into the recruits but Rene did redeem himself in my eyes last week (honestly I'm pretty forgiving cause I have a short attention span and I kind of knew that everyone was written mostly out of character so I can give them a slide) and Dinah was so badass this episode that I just couldn't hate her. I'm not sure that enjoy is the right word for how I felt about the recruits, ARGUS and Oliver and Felicity working together but I was glad that they were able to and we didn't have to hear a single word about trust (minus Oliver's opening speech.)

I can't lie though, I really hoped and kind of expected Curtis to die when Diaz stabbed him. I'm still trying to figure out who's going to be gone by the end of the season with the shakeups in the cast for next season. Like if Roy comes back and Black Siren is redeemed, there would be waaaaay to many people in the bunker which also may or may not exist anymore. In my perfect world, it would be Diggle, Felicity, Oliver, Roy and either Black Siren or Dinah while Curtis dies and Rene leaves to be with Zoey. With Curtis's death, Helix Dynamics can be Smoak Tech and Diaz may finally feel like a real threat.

Felicity and Oliver fought a little this episode as well cause Oliver was struggling to feel okay with allowing Felicity to be out in the field because of William and not only was this really silly and unbelievable besides the fact that we need some tension here, it was super misogynistic of Oliver to want Felicity to stay back with William and use their son as an excuse. I kind of wish if we had to deal with this drama it had been more towards Oliver fearing losing his wife in the field more cause focusing on William losing Felicity is hypocritical cause he doesn't care that Lyla, Diggle and Rene all have kids too. I'm glad Felicity and Diggle called him out on it and it was resolved fairly quickly. It did lead to a funny scene between Felicity and Lyla discussing marriage so it wasn't as terrible as it could have been.

Also another sidebar, though we all know that the show won't kill Felicity, was anyone else hoping that Diaz would hurt her a little? I loved that she gave him the trigger for the bomb and that saved them from Diaz but at the same time I was hoping he would get to her a little....

The end of the episode showed us Oliver going to Watson for help which is super strange like I said before. What on earth can Watson do? She's just a lawyer. If he needs to go get help, go to Barry or the Legends. We know Sara is coming back for the finale so maybe he does do that. Watson is still bitter af because she made Oliver say that he was the Green Arrow before she would work for him but I don't really think it matters. Does double jeopardy work here? Oliver was arrested twice for the same crime and according to the law found not guilty both times so he can't be charged again can he?

Next week's finale looks pretty good. It looks like Diaz is officially like eff this nonsense and pulling out of Star City after he blows it up. We still never got an explanation as to why he decided he needed Star City. Like straight up there's tons of other cities to take over and other than Central City and Star City, none of them have superheroes guarding them. Why not pick one of those to take over? I can't wait to see how Sara comes into the picture and if we lose Quentin cause we know this is Paul Blackthorne's last season of Arrow.

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment