Tuesday, May 8, 2018

The Flash Season 4 Episode 21 Review

Tonight's episode should have been fun with the return of Amunet but instead I felt as though the episode dragged a bit which was unfortunate.

So Team Flash's big plan tonight was to find Amunet and convince her to help them destroy the satellites that DeVoe has built because her powers are basically unhackable by DeVoe. I liked the idea of this but it did make me curious as to why they couldn't just use the Cold Gun or Vibe's vibe blasts to destroy the satellites cause neither of those are hackable either. Well I'm not going to complain too much cause it gave us an excuse to see Amunet again. I love her dynamic with Caitlin and how even though Amunet isn't a good person, she sees something in Caitlin and seems to want to protect her and that's precious to me. I was a little disappointed with how the storyline went in that Flash and co had to convince her that helping was in her best interest only for her to turn on the them at the end only for Flash and co to convince her that helping would be in her best interest. Like seriously? DeVoe's big plan is going to affect everyone, hero or villain and you would think that the villains would care enough to step up.

Sidebar how freaking cool would it have been if the end of this season led to Flash teaming up with his Rogues to take down DeVoe cause like I said, everyone has a stake in this.

Instead it looks like we'll be getting the citizens of Central City to help out through some sort of tipline or something. I wasn't a huge fan of Iris's storyline tonight but I guess I am glad that the show remembered that she's a reporter again. I didn't like her big plan however. Iris kept talking about how the people deserved to know what DeVoe was planning so they could protect themselves and I'm sitting here like there's no possible way to protect yourself. An article like that would do nothing more than cause panic. But then again this is the Flash and not Arrow so of course something like this wouldn't backfire and the people would rush up to help. I hope there's more to this than a few people liking her article cause if the show spent a whole episode on why we should let the people know the truth, it better have some sort of meaning!

Caitlin also progressed a little with her Killer Frost problem. Before we talk about that, can someone remind me why on Earth Caitlin can't just expose herself to dark matter again to bring out KF? I was pretty sure all that fake science we got a few episodes ago proved that her metagenes were still inside her so logically if dark matter brought KF out the first time, shouldn't it work the same the second time? Anyhow tonight Caitlin learned that she can't bring KF back through science but instead she needs to look inside herself cause the first time around a splicer didn't do anything. I like the idea of this cause it shows that Caitlin just needed to trust in herself and not look for help elsewhere but how much do we want to bet that some time in the future, the way we do this is through some weird tech that allows her to go into her mind and chat with KF. Where's Brainy's weird parallel world tech when you need it??

Oh and there was some dumb stuff with Harry and Cisco. I wasn't the hugest fan of the whole Council of Harrison Wells the first time around and it wasn't any less silly this time. I feel like this whole thing was just played for comedy and to remind us that Tom Cavanagh is a great actor (as if we'd forgotten.) Eventually we were able to get Harry to realize that the reason that DeVoe wasn't active at the moment is because he's somehow lost his wife which I'm confused as to how he would even know that. I did love the scene where he draws on the board and talks about how he thought his drawing was super complicated.

Next week is the penultimate episode and the start of DeVoe's plan so it seems. As much fun as it would be if The Thinker actually started his evil plan (maybe only affecting Central City before he's thwarted) cause that would lead to so many fun dynamics, I wonder how he's going to be stopped for real. We didn't see any Marlize tonight either but it's possible that she stops him. It would be funny if she killed DeVoe next week and then took over his plan making her the Big Bad in the finale.

I'll see you all Thursday for my Arrow review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment