Thursday, May 17, 2018

Gotham Season 4 Episode 22 Review

Why is Gotham such an insane show?? So much craziness happens week by week and it's amazing cause as long as you pretend that Gotham takes place in an alternate universe and ignore normal Batman canon, this show is one of the most entertaining! Tonight's finale was amazing! So many possible deaths and changes to be had before what will be Gotham's final season next year and those changes could be felt in the last few minutes of the episode where the board was reset.

Poor Selina spent the whole episode in the hospital and it sounds like she's not going to be able to walk when she wakes up. I would be sad of this outcome if Gotham didn't have Strange lurking around the city. I mean why even bother going to a regular doctor when Strange can literally bring people back to life?? It was heartbreaking when Bruce chose to stay in Gotham instead of going with Selina to whatever hospital she went to next cause he promised he'd stay by her side until she got better and I love my baby BatCat but when she wakes up alone after this, she might be pissed beyond measure and that might be the end of BatCat at least for a little while (though regardless of what Batman does, Catwoman always comes back.) It is probably the most Batman Bruce has been in this show so far though cause Batman always places the city over anyone and everything and though I wish it weren't the case, this was pretty accurate on his part.

We also seem to have lost Butch (again) right after he was turned back to being human and had a sweet reunion with Tabitha. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time cause I just felt like something was off in my bones and though I didn't expect Penguin to kill him, I knew something terrible was about to happen. I completely forgot that Tabitha killed Penguin's mom but I guess it had to brought back right before the final season cause it was a dangling thread. I do have the feels in whatever showdown there will be, Penguin will come out on top cause he's much more of a Batman villain than Tabitha is. Honestly I don't want any of them to die! And poor Tabitha and Butch can never be happy! What are the chances that Butch is dead dead? And why didn't Tabitha turn to Strange and be like fix him cause we know he can!

Barbara spent most of the episode trying to kill Ra's with Tabitha, Alfred and Penguin and I loved it. As much fun as insane villains like the Mad Hatter and Jeremiah are, my heart will always belong to the sane ones like the Sirens and Penguin cause it's just more fun for me to see them plan out intricate schemes and care for the city. They don't want to destroy Gotham, they want to rule it! It was interesting to see where Barbara ended up at the end of the episode with her decision that all the problems they've been facing is due to men being and honestly it's the truth. I'll be interested to see where this goes next season and if she'll end up reconciling with Jim by the end of it cause at first I was like nah he'd never see her as not evil but now that Lee is basically a criminal now too, I can see Barbara and Jim returning to each other's sides but at the same time, Barbara may have outgrown Jim as well.

Speaking of Jim's exes, I was into Lee and Ed for a hot second but after how whiny Ed/Riddler was tonight, I'm over them. He's too insecure for me to enjoy and his whole thing with kidnapping Jim to kill him cause he was afraid Lee would go back to Jim was ridiculous and petty and after Ed was like Lee chose me, I wanted Jim to make some snarky comment like congratulations what do you want a cookie? I did like the final Lee and Jim scene cause it does show us that these two still love each other madly but like ships in the night, the timing is never right. Jim is busy saving Gotham and Lee is busy saving the people of the Narrows. And did anyone really believe that Lee would leave in the first place? I actually did think that after Lee and Ed killed each other that while Ed may die, Lee might find a way to fix herself but Penguin bringing them to Strange was more compelling. I'm curious why he bothered to bring Lee though cause I know he wants Ed to himself and Lee is an obstacle in that path unless he thinks that Ed would be pissed at Lee for killing him.

Ra's and Jeremiah's big plan was to blow up the bridges leading in and out of Gotham in the hopes that doing so would cause Bruce to realize just how much the city needed him and for him to put on the cowl. I was surprised that their plan went off but I'm excited about it cause it does lead to a new Gotham next season! It looks like half the GCPD is gone, all the criminals are dividing up land and new villains are popping up out of the woodwork. We even got a Bat Signal lite and though the reason Jim gave for turning it on was super cheesy, I was grinning cause how could I not?? It's the Bat Signal!

I can't wait until next season already and I hope the conclusion to this amazing show is satisfying which I'm sure it will be! I'll see you all then!

Don't forget to check out my Arrow review later tonight!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment